Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I had my carb problems solved..the car had been running poorly, backfiring, bogging, etc. Today on the drive home from the big city, something let go....Large clouds of white smoke, strange clunking noises and the car shut down...I barely made it. Don't know what to do...

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Could the white smoke have been your head gasket going out. The car would have run like crap but it also would have been running hot.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Yeah, white smoke sounds like water got into the combustion chamber. The clunking sound?? I don't even want to SAY the word hydro-lock...*shivers*

·
Premium Member
19,225 Posts
VMF has it's own special mechanic to handle hydro-locks. DeWayne in Atlanta. Contact Boogsie for details. DeWayne is a expert in this problem area.../forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
first off disconnect the coil and yank all the plugs and see if it will crank...sounds like you might have blown a headgasket at the very least..next step is to begin tearing it down..sorry..keep us posted

1 - 7 of 7 Posts