Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running Ultrastang's SN-95 GT rear disc brake conversion with 14" Wheels? Specifically, stock 14" 1968 GT Wheels. It looks like they'll fit, but I'm unsure.

Thanks

·
Registered
765 Posts
zed said:
Is anyone running Ultrastang's SN-95 GT rear disc brake conversion with 14" Wheels? Specifically, stock 14" 1968 GT Wheels. It looks like they'll fit, but I'm unsure.

Thanks
I do not know if any of the customers, who've bought the SN95 V6/GT rear brackets from me, have used 14" wheels.

This SN95 '95 V6 setup is shown installed on a friend's '65 fastback with 16" TT IIs: http://www.ultrastang.com/images/2006/v6gtsn95reardiscs0579ky.jpg

The splash shields used on the V6/GTs are the very same shields for the Cobra rear discs too (same Ford p/n). That is why they extend a ways beyond the outer edge of the V6 rotor, because they are for both rear brake systems.

IF the 14" wheels wouldn't clear, the shields would probably be the reason. IF they would work, you may either have to trim the shields down, or do away with them all together.

--Steve

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve,

Thanks for the info. I know it was the same you provided me in my email, but I figured it was worth fishing to see if someone out there might've tried fitting the kit that you're not aware of. (fingers crossed)

·
Registered
765 Posts
buening said:
Heh, i had rubbing issues with my 14" magnum 500 rims and my front Granada calipers. You'll be very lucky if you get those rims to clear.
I don't have any 14" wheels lying around. My '68 originally came with 14" factory chrome styled steel wheels, but I sold them off many years ago.

I could see where the Granada front brake calipers may have clearance issues with some 14" wheels, because the Granada calipers are pretty bulky.

The SN95 V6/GT rear calipers, on the other hand, are small and very low-profile above the edge of the rotor.

If you know someone that has a '94-'04 SN95 V6 or GT Mustang, (and if they would let you check things out), you could see if the 14" wheel would fit over the rear brakes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts