Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I've always owned a truck, preferably a 3/4 ton. There are a few recent truck "trends" out there that bug the crap out of me

1) The tail dragging look discussed here.
2) Ram owners that drive around with the tow mirrors flipped up
3) Large diameter, huge backspace wheels with low profile tires that stick way out of the wheel openings on lifted 4x4's.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Every generation is going to do its own thing, we did. I haven't seen the tail sagging yet given my, err, um, country folk location. Just jacked up stuff with the mufflers cut off. I laugh at the 90% of pickup trucks being sold with an alleged bed that is wider than it is long. That is not a pickup truck it's a lifestyle vehicle. Regular cab 8' bed for me because I hauled tools and stuff for real! Looking for a mint used 5.4L Expedition as a replacement for the old F150 now that I have a car trailer.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Get the Expedition EL, you never say that you have to much room.

X2 on the 8 foot bed. A man likes to haul plywood and 2x4s with the tailgate up. Dont let the secret out, the shorties get higher prices, I like the longbeds being the redheads, makes sellers think we are doing them a favor when we take it off their hands.

Reactions: Nailbender

·
Registered
1967 Mustang Hardtop
1,715 Posts
This thread is hilarious. As one of only half a dozen people on the board who is actually under 30 (I'm 22), here's my recent acquisition. 1976 F150 Supercab. 351M, 4 speed, side exit glass packs, bug guard, CB antenna sticking out of the roof, bed rails, and Western wheels. It has every 1970s accessory anyone could want. Front end and powertrain are later but it is a '76.

·
Super Moderator
9,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I haven’t seen a bug shield in years!

·
Registered
1967 Mustang Hardtop
1,715 Posts
I haven’t seen a bug shield in years!
It's total 70s aftermarket. Not like there's as many bugs as there used to be either.

Reactions: Israel

·
Premium Member
3,772 Posts
20171101_112304.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
This thread is hilarious. As one of only half a dozen people on the board who is actually under 30 (I'm 22), here's my recent acquisition. 1976 F150 Supercab. 351M, 4 speed, side exit glass packs, bug guard, CB antenna sticking out of the roof, bed rails, and Western wheels. It has every 1970s accessory anyone could want. Front end and powertrain are later but it is a '76.

LOVE THE TRUCK. But it is missing one serious 70's mod.... west coast mirrors.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Does it have a Bigfoot gas pedal?

Reactions: Redneckgearhead

·
Registered
1967 Mustang Hardtop
1,715 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
I've always owned a truck, preferably a 3/4 ton. There are a few recent truck "trends" out there that bug the crap out of me

1) The tail dragging look discussed here.
2) Ram owners that drive around with the tow mirrors flipped up
3) Large diameter, huge backspace wheels with low profile tires that stick way out of the wheel openings on lifted 4x4's.
The massively offset wheels that stick way outside the body are the single stupidest looking thing on trucks these days. I will never understand it. Especially when they’re running 32 inch tires.

·
Registered
762 Posts
The farther out the wheels are, the more mud you can throw on your truck. It makes it easier to look like you've been hard core 4 wheeling.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I couldn't resist sharing this photo I got this morning. Here in PA, we've got more than a few of these guys who apparently don't have any idea how ridiculous it looks. Different strokes I guess.
20200602_080117.jpg

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
My son (24) bought a '15 F150 Supercrew. He's added 20" rims, mud tires and is putting a leveling kit on it. F150's from the factory have a slight rake forward, this kit makes the truck level. I plan to do the same to my '17 after we get his done. His truck looks badass by the way.

·
Registered
639 Posts
My son (24) bought a '15 F150 Supercrew. He's added 20" rims, mud tires and is putting a leveling kit on it. F150's from the factory have a slight rake forward, this kit makes the truck level. I plan to do the same to my '17 after we get his done. His truck looks badass by the way.
Leveling kits and big tires look awesome, it’s when they stick them way outside the body that they lose their appeal, IMO. Not to mention the massive amounts of rocks they throw up at other cars. Here’s my 2016 F150 with a leveling kit and 35s:

21 - 40 of 63 Posts