Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to remember hearing (or reading) somewhere that although the 67 models had in dash A/C there was an underdash unit that was a dealer added option. Can anybody confirm this? If so is it the same under dash unit that was used in the 65-66 models, or did it differ? I'm really not sure because I cannot seem to find an under dash unit for my 67 that is (or looks to be) a faithful repro of the origional unit. Also can anybody tell me if the 65-66 under dash unit can be mounted in the 67 without a special kit or alterations.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yes, Ford made a underdash unit to be installed at the dealer in the '67 and '68's, for mine has one. It runs the full under dash and bares no resemblance to the '65 and '66 units. I can e-mail you a photo of mine if you PM me (for I don't know how to post pictures here). I am taking mine out while I gut the interior (and leaving it out). It is also listed in the Mustang Restoration Guide with a nice expanded view.
-----------
'68 Sunlit Gold J-Code vert

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll shoot you a PM. BTW if you are leaving the unit out, is it for sale? If not does anyone here have one for sale or know of a company that offers for sale a refurbished or repro unit?

·
Premium Member
7,066 Posts
It has retangular registers, is kind of flat, and has the Ford emblem in the center. A bit generic. The 65 and 66 units are different, and yes, they will fit cleanly under the dash of a 67/68, but will toast the console.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts