Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I was wondering if you folks with aftermarket gauges could share a few pictures as to where you have mounted them. I am going to install a transmission temperature gauge as well as a vacuum gauge. Don't particular like the look of aftermarket gauges hanging under the dash, but I think the benefit of having them out ways that. Anyway this will go into a 1967 Mustang. Any pictures or ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,019 Posts
Here's an old pic of when I disassembled the dash area prior to restoration, but you kinda get the idea. I made a mounting rack and attached three gauges to it (oil pressure, amps, vacuum) and attached it under the radio using the 5/16" (or was it 3/8"?) bolt under the dash that attaches the back of the radio secure to the dash panel. If I remember correctly, I just used some cheap iron or angle iron stock, cut it to length, drilled holes it in at the right spots for mounting the iron to the dash and the gauges to the iron piece, and mounted it. I could turn it to the right angle for driver's viewing and then tighten it so it wouldn't move. Worked pretty well for what it was. I deleted it when I restored the car.

Reactions: WestSD

·
Registered
854 Posts

I have one temperature gauge installed as you can see in the picture. Location is great imo. Not interfering with anything but still easy to read. I’m planning to install a oil pressure gauge too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Do ya have AC? Do ya have a console? Consider the Stewart-Warner Greenline Shelby type set-up? Period-correct and cooooool.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Stewart-Warner Greenlines - oil and temp mounted into a factory ('66) AC unit. The outer two AC bezels are ducted to my aftermarket AC box.

John

SK Interior 6.jpg
AC 5.jpg

·
Registered
603 Posts
It's a dash pod I purchased from Mustang Depot middle of last year but sadly, they're closed now. This looks like the same one though or you could try NPD:

The gauges are from Speedhut because nothing from Autometer had the look I wanted. The pod contains a fuel pressure, oil temperature, and trans temperature. The picture shows it with a wideband but that was uber annoying.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to all who responded. John, those gauges in your a/c bezel look great. I currently do not have a/c, but when I do install a/c definitely going to consider that option.

·
Registered
178 Posts
There’s a guy on eBay I believe that 3-D prints a rallypac for 2-1/16 size gauges.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts