Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I added the upper console to my 68 coupe, the interior is dark when I open the door. I bought some under dash lights off our favorite auction site. Where do they mount under the dash? What lead do they plug into? What hardware to use (#6 hexhead screw with clip)?

Thanks

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
There should be a female pig tail for them to plug into. The wire should be green (may have a red stripe, I can't remember off the top of my head).

There will be a small hole in the bottom of the dash on each side for them. I just used a small bolt and nut on mine.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
If they are like mine they are round metal with a bump out end and they have a sheet metal screw attachment to the underside of the dash. One is just to the right of the heater control-except underneath, and the other is about equidistant from the other end of the dash. Just look for the little holes underneath the dash. Wiring harness should present itself when you get close. Don't be surprised if your door switches don't work and be sure to check to see before you walk away or you might have lights burn all night and a dead battery. Ask me how i know?

J. Boggs

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
If they are like mine they are round metal with a bump out end and they have a sheet metal screw attachment to the underside of the dash. One is just to the right of the heater control-except underneath, and the other is about equidistant from the other end of the dash. Just look for the little holes underneath the dash. Wiring harness should present itself when you get close. Don't be surprised if your door switches don't work and be sure to check to see before you walk away or you might have lights burn all night and a dead battery. Ask me how i know?

J. Boggs

·
Registered
576 Posts
Was there lenses that went over these bulbs? Seems like there should be, right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts