Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is a March, '67 San Jose car

Was the AC compressor natural or semigloss black?
Were the mounting brackets for the AC, PS, and Smog Pump also Semigloss? What about the coil bracket,mounted on top of the intake manifold? Was the manifold painted engine color?

Any help will be appreciated.............Ben

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
bkarchy said:
My car is a March, '67 San Jose car

Was the AC compressor natural or semigloss black?
Were the mounting brackets for the AC, PS, and Smog Pump also Semigloss? What about the coil bracket,mounted on top of the intake manifold? Was the manifold painted engine color?

Any help will be appreciated.............Ben

OK Ben ... as always more questions (though you did a really good job so far ;)

Your asking about details for a March 67, SJ built Thermactor Mustang (not a Shelby?)

What engine (would help with the Thermactor bracket colors)?

If its a Mustang the intake would have been painted with the block, heads, oil pan...... and all the mounting bolts.

OR are you asking about the Thermactor manifold?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right Jeff,

It's a 289 Mustang.... I'm asking about the intake manifold,... don't even know what the Tthermactor manifold is. :confused: .... What about the AC compressor?

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
(What color) Were the mounting brackets for the

AC- There is a bottom mount, anti vibration brace to the intake and a brace between it and the water pump where the idler pulley attaches on some models - all semi-gloss black

PS - Two bracket - The aluminum mount (which remains bare aluminum) and the adjustment bracket/plate on the front (semi-gloss black)

Smog Pump and alternator mounting bracket- Engine color for the bracket - Adjustment arm is semi-gloss black. Believe the mounting bracket was on the engine at time of painting

Coil bracket - Phosphate and oil

Was it mounted on top of the intake manifold? - Yes

Was the manifold painted engine color? - Yes with mounting bolts. Water temp and PVS had boots over them so they are not painted but soft edge at the bases

How about the Thermactor manifold? ;) (in this case the short metal tube that attaches between the check valve and head on each side) - The manifold, mounting bolt and check valve are engine color painted with the engine as a unit

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thorough, totally helpful, and much appreciated
Thanks............Ben
By the way, what about the AC compressor it's self, natural or black?

G

·
I've only seen black compressors in '67 (both Tecumseh and York). Some '68's and later had a natural A/C compressor.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Agree with Charles (sorry I missed it earlier - you had quite a list ;)

Semi-gloss black spray (on the shinny side) for 67 SJ - cast iron style typically

1 - 8 of 8 Posts