Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a car show this evening. Entering car shows really isn't my thing but I entered this one because it was an evening show and fairly short. I only like to go to see all the other cars and to talk to the owners about their cars and what all they've done to them to get them into the shape they're in and entering the show gives me a convenient place to park. I saw some really nice T-birds, Fairlaines, Galaxies, as well as some good looking Chevelles, Camaros, GTXs, and even a gorgeous Javelin.

You could have knocked me over with a feather when they called my number for the best classic car in the show.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't believe it! Y'all still have Big Boy restaurants? Does it have a name like "_______'s Big Boy?"

Oh, congrats BTW:)
I think this one was just Big Boy of Grandville, which is like a suburb of Grand Rapids. There are still several Big Boy restaurants that I know of in Michigan. Of course, I had to go in and have a burger during the show mainly because after I got there I realized that I forgot to eat lunch and I was famished. They still make a pretty good burger.

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
Years ago, I received a "Best" from the Hooter Girls. My mustang has never recovered.....

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think this one was just Big Boy of Grandville, which is like a suburb of Grand Rapids. There are still several Big Boy restaurants that I know of in Michigan. Of course, I had to go in and have a burger during the show mainly because after I got there I realized that I forgot to eat lunch and I was famished. They still make a pretty good burger.
We were at that show!!! I remember you car, very nice! We live in Middleville, about 40 mins from Grandville.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Years ago, I received a "Best" from the Hooter Girls. My mustang has never recovered.....
Your Mustang is still a classic, the Hooters girl on the other hand has spit out a couple kids, shes up to a pack-pack and a half a day, lives on wine coolers and fast food, shes put on 40-50 lbs, but still wears those Hooters shorts......................

·
Premium Member
10,033 Posts
Your Mustang is still a classic, the Hooters girl on the other hand has spit out a couple kids, shes up to a pack-pack and a half a day, lives on wine coolers and fast food, shes put on 40-50 lbs, but still wears those Hooters shorts......................

And I delivered a package to her at her trailer house today!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
There is one local car show my friends and I enter every year. We never expect to win anything, it's just fun to do and like you said, parking is much easier if you're in the show. ;-)

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I will cruise in sometimes just to take my kids to a show, the entry fees are often for a benefit, I get to see cool cars and stuff, and sometimes I get good tips or criticism from gearheads and geezers ! !

·
Registered
239 Posts
I was surprised at a show on Memorial Day, but what was unique was the club that sponsored the show had hand made all the awards from car parts. Wife was not as impressed when that was put on the mantle:)

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was surprised at a show on Memorial Day, but what was unique was the club that sponsored the show had hand made all the awards from car parts. Wife was not as impressed when that was put on the mantle:)
Nonetheless I bet she still spins her tires pretty well...:pirate:

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I think this one was just Big Boy of Grandville,..They still make a pretty good burger.
Around Dallas there were a handful Kip's Big Boy but they went out ~20 years ago. Of course I've heard of Bob's Big Boy way back when in movies or TV shows around LA and wondered if they all went under so good to hear a few are still around. Had my first patty melt at one.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Car shiw

All my man stuff finds its way to the garage. Doesn’t seem to be able to maintain its grip in the house.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
All my man stuff finds its way to the garage. Doesn’t seem to be able to maintain its grip in the house.
I hear you on that, went into my end of our home office and there sat fancy porcelain tea set on a table that I used to put car mags on.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
They still have Big Boy Restaurants in Mexico too the last time that I was there...

:eek:)

Tony K.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts