Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
19,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always loaded and unloaded my enclosed trailer with the entire rig straight. I need to haul my fastback down to the shop by my office in January for some suspension work. I can park my rig in our strip mall lot, but it has to be at an angle, probably about 120 degrees. There isn't enough room anywhere to park and unload/load it straight. I could do it in the middle of the lot, but because it takes a while to tie down Trouble properly, I'd probably end up blocking somebody in who would just have to move immediately.

Is it unsafe to unload/load the trailer when the rig is at an angle like that? I can park it down the street several blocks at the Shrine Temple, but would rather keep it in my lot, if it's okay to unload and load the car like that.

It's about a half block drive to the shop from my place, but safety comes first. Just trying to plan ahead. My dad's a Shriner so permission would be easy to get for parking there.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Laurie:

It does not matter as long as the trailer is hooked up to the truck. I have loaded and unloaded my trailer with it unhooked. All that matters is that the trailer is stable. I do this by putting two jack stands at the rear of the trailer and the cranking the tongue jack until the jackstands are in contact with the trailer. This way the trailer cannot move up and down. We do this so the trailer can be used a temporary garage.

:peeping:

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Not a problem. I know my WC has "legs" in the back instead of using jack stands as mentioned, does yours? Don't really need them if your hooked to the truck, peace of mind though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts