Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Premium Member
1966 GT 4spd
That won't work in IL. The cars get put away sometime in Oct, and MIGHT get out in early April. Sometimes people are taking them out for the first time on Mustang Day.
So true...I wont take my car out until its rained at least twice to wash the salt away.

Hence another reason why Texas is looking good. I can give up a couple of months because of extreme heat, but 6 months out of the year has been ludicrous :)

Chris

Premium Member
1966 GT 4spd
I probably shouldn't do that, at least not in the parking lot. I鈥檓 pretty sure that sort of thing is frowned upon with this group. But that doesn鈥檛 apply to the trip there and back 馃槈
You're not even supposed to rev your engine with our group. :rolleyes:
I get it...I think we have all seen enough YouTube videos showing numerous people who don't know how to drive a car and end up wrecking leaving events like this making it look bad for everyone.

Chris

Premium Member
1966 GT 4spd
There was a time back from the late 60's up to the mid 90's( I graduated in '91) in Northern California where the cruising scene was HUGE(Santa Rosa in particular). It was a ton a fun and allowed young people to interact and have fun together. Unfortunately a few bad apples and people complaining about traffic on a Friday or Saturday nights created a law against it. Needless to say, it was a dynamic change for young people and car enthusiasts alike that I dont think it ever recovered and killed a great culture imo.

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts