Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1965 Coupe C-Code
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would be great to see what your local cars & coffee events are like and to see some of the Mustangs that come out. So let’s share and have some fun.

Unofficial rules: Only post pictures you took. Unless it of your car and you‘re driving. Then all is forgiven. Only post Vintage Mustangs. The only other rule is that rules are meant to be broken. If you see something so unusual that you can’t help but share I won’t say anything. Oh, be sure to post when and where.

Let‘s see where this goes!

·
Registered
1965 Coupe C-Code
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Portland, Oregon
3/12/22

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Land vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive parking light

My car and my uncle’s 40 Ford.

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Automotive tail & brake light

Here‘s why the rule breaking is allowed. LHD Holden Ute. I’ve never seen one in the US. I’m still trying to figure out how it got here and where it came from to be LHD.

·
Registered
1965 Coupe C-Code
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Few months back at JBA Speed Shop. Original Cobra, original owner, still drives it on the street. All brands of cars are welcome there.
Not sure why but early Barracudas do something for me. Not that I'd have one. Because they don't do that much.

·
Registered
1965 Coupe C-Code
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's my friends 71 Challenger w/400. His wife's '16 RT is the purple car.
I was kidding. I just thought it was funny what the younger generation looks at. I’ll see them huddled around a Subaru WRX and completely ignore a 63 split window. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1965 Coupe C-Code
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cars and Coffee gets started here on April 2. Our club is the host club the first week. Someone screwed us out of the May slot that we've had for 3 years now. We are not pleased.
The one here in Portland, Oregon is every Saturday year round. Rain, snow, sleet, and even sunshine. Some hearty fools here.

·
Registered
1965 Coupe C-Code
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
It was raining on Saturday for the first time in a while so my car stayed home. My other uncle brought out his 1955 F100. It’s got a 302 with Mustang valve covers hence the tenuous Mustang content. :p

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

·
Registered
1965 Coupe C-Code
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
The first Cars and Coffee round these parts was on Sat, and cancelled due to the incoming 2" of snow. Was snowing by 8am, so I doubt anybody actually showed up for it. But I did hear that it was cancelled in an email that I read Sun afternoon.
We've been very fortunate that it's been relatively dry for several months. At least on Saturdays. Which is really all that matters.

·
Registered
1965 Coupe C-Code
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I probably shouldn't do that, at least not in the parking lot. I’m pretty sure that sort of thing is frowned upon with this group. But that doesn’t apply to the trip there and back 😉
You're not even supposed to rev your engine with our group. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1965 Coupe C-Code
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I get it...I think we have all seen enough YouTube videos showing numerous people who don't know how to drive a car and end up wrecking leaving events like this making it look bad for everyone.

Chris
Totally get that but some of the engines need to be heard, if only a taste.

·
Registered
1965 Coupe C-Code
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
There was a local show that had a tradition for revving the engines at noon.
And it was done quite well at ShelbyFest last year. Some videos on YouTube will attest to that.
I think that might be fun at an annual show but every single Saturday might be a bit much.

·
Registered
1965 Coupe C-Code
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
It was cold this morning with a threat of rain but that didn’t stop some people from bringing out some very interesting rides. I went soft and took my wife’s 2019 GT but I wasn’t complaining about the heated seats and steering wheel.

Bonus points if you can identify the engine in the Caddy.

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Sky

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive fuel system

Wheel Car Cloud Sky Land vehicle

Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Automotive side marker light

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Sky Car

Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Tire

1 - 20 of 56 Posts