Vintage Mustang Forums banner

181 - 200 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Don't get too upset, this is a no holds barred say what you think thread, a safe place to have some fun. Some call out red as overdone, I don't care what they think.
This thread is all in fun.
I’m not upset at all. Sorry if my post came across that way, it was not intended. I’ve got pretty thick skin. Thanks for the post though!

·
Dimples
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I thought of another one...

I hate it when people paint the "hard parts" of the interior the same color as the exterior, with no thought to the context of the rest of the interior. I don't care if someone wants to make a custom red/black interior, but at least make it look intentional. Two-tone pony interior got it right. Make the dash metal, door panels and seat inserts red and the rest black if you want, but this just doesn't work for me.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I'm more concerned that the Wallyworld gauge cluster seems to have taken priority over the E-brake.

Now mine. I cringe every time I see a non factory type center console like the one pictured.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I'm more concerned that the Wallyworld gauge cluster seems to have taken priority over the E-brake..

It looks like its got a hood scoop, so Id imagine those gauges are pretty important. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Nailbender

·
Registered
35,494 Posts
I think it's interesting that it appears to be a '66 but it's got a '65 "GT" instrument cluster bezel..... and that giant brake pedal pad!! Wow!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I didn't know Chevrolet staked its claim to the words small and big? Clearly a 460 isn't small.

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
Lol, never said a 460 was small, but its not a big block, its a 385 series block with a cid of 460.

·
Registered
1966 Mustang GT 4sp Nightmist Blue
367 Posts
Lol, never said a 460 was small, but its not a big block, its a 385 series block with a cid of 460.
You never heard of a SBF? Those words are not coined by Chevy only. Read any Hot Rod, CarCraft etc going back to the 70s and that is used across most makes.

Chris

Reactions: Huntingky

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
Lol I knew that would ruffle some feathers. Of course I've heard those terms, but the incorrect usage of the term is my point. How many times have we all heard a magazine called a clip?

·
Registered
287 Posts
1) Hurst shifter with T-handle.

2) Get that old school hot rod look, rake it and let those back tires stick out.

3) Blue LED's for gauge lights.

4) I like music, 6 X 9's in the rear deck and a subwoofer in the trunk.

5) I can't see backing up for ****, so go with a back up camera.

6) Automatics are faster but I don't care, give me manual or give me death.

7) Stickers and decals, if you like them, flaunt them.

8) Drive long distance, don't be afraid.

9) Air shocks, yup!

10) Fastbacks gotta have rear window louvers and front and rear spoilers.

11) Tint the windows if you want to, love not feeling the blazing sun during summer.

12) Make sure you have comfortable seats, ditch the originals if you have to.

·
Registered
1966 Mustang GT 4sp Nightmist Blue
367 Posts
Lol I knew that would ruffle some feathers. Of course I've heard those terms, but the incorrect usage of the term is my point. How many times have we all heard a magazine called a clip?
Are you sure about that? :) The only one Im not familiar ever using the term to differentiate their engines is AMC. Clip is the most bothersome, I have quite a few friends who use that term all the time, and Im like oh you carry a garand around with you too? lol

Chris

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
Are you sure about that? :) The only one Im not familiar ever using the term to differentiate their engines is AMC. Clip is the most bothersome, I have quite a few friends who use that term all the time, and Im like oh you carry a garand around with you too? lol

Chris
there's a reason they differentiated the two 351's as Cleveland and windsor, rather than big and small block.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Not exactly the same thing, but.....

Two 2100 2V's, inline, with their throttle shafts coupled, mounted to a fabbed plenum atop a FI lower intake. Basically an inline 4V. Of course the 2V Holleys that came on Mustang II, 2.3's, have accelerator linkage that operates at 90 degrees to throttle shaft direction. So theoretically, they could be used with the original pedal arm.
I was cleaning my glasses and wondered to myself, why on earth would anyone make an avatar out of a black pair of Fruit of the Looms??? ;o)

·
Premium Member
6,279 Posts
1) Hurst shifter with T-handle.

2) Get that old school hot rod look, rake it and let those back tires stick out.

3) Blue LED's for gauge lights.

4) I like music, 6 X 9's in the rear deck and a subwoofer in the trunk.

5) I can't see backing up for ****, so go with a back up camera.

6) Automatics are faster but I don't care, give me manual or give me death.

7) Stickers and decals, if you like them, flaunt them.

8) Drive long distance, don't be afraid.

9) Air shocks, yup!

10) Fastbacks gotta have rear window louvers and front and rear spoilers.

11) Tint the windows if you want to, love not feeling the blazing sun during summer.

12) Make sure you have comfortable seats, ditch the originals if you have to.
Central Command reports some confusing communication transmissions emanating from your station. :)

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
Agree with OP on everything except paint color! I own three vehicles, light grey, dark grey and silver.

Also agree on painted hard interior parts. No to body color.

·
Registered
51 Posts
To be honest, I love that my car pretty much would make every one of you roll your eyes and shake your head. I customized it exactly how I had in my head when I towed it home as a primered rust bucket at the ripe young age of 21.

SOME things are changing with the current re-restore it is going through, but as long as it makes me happy, that is what counts.

Let's see how many points I can ring up:

1) GREYYYYYY!! New paint color is about 5 times darker, this color had way too much blue in the grey.
2) Body colored bumpers - rest of the chrome (mirrors/window trim) is getting painted black this time around
3) Body colored interior metal - dash is going to be vinyl wrapped and doors will be the new paint code
4) Body colored engine bay (will be rhino lined or satin black this time around as changing paint colors sucks when the engine bay is body color)
5) Non-stock center console
6) Torque Thrust style wheels (they're from a 2004 GT)
7) Pastic conduit - this is getting changed too once I re-run literally every hose/wire in there

Bonus points:
1) Restmod ground effects
2) Non-OEM seats - soooo much better than the backbreaker 66's
3) 4 point race harnesses
4) No gas cap on back
5) Rear seat delete
6) LED ring turn signals built into headlight, not on valence.
7) Painted A/C black

Flame away

·
Registered
473 Posts
The mods that many make to their cars may not be to my taste/liking, but as minter66 said it's yours, so as long as it makes you happy that is what counts! And to be honest, if a primered rust-bucket has been brought back from the dead, I'm just happy to see it back on the road and being enjoyed again regardless of the modifications, even if they're not my style! So, mad props to anyone who resurrects one of these special cars. I can think of no better candidate to customize into your own vision of the ultimate Mustang.

Reactions: 67_ksb
181 - 200 of 221 Posts