Vintage Mustang Forums banner

241 - 249 of 249 Posts

·
Dimples
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
After decades, I'm still trying to wrap my head around the metric system. I still think in cubic inches, but, what do I know. Personally, I think the 5.0 in retro looks pretty cool and anyone under 60 understands it.
Oh yeah, hate the metric system. I mean, it’s objectively better, but just does not compute for me. I think as it relates to “5.0”, it’s more about the brand, for lack of a better term, surrounding the fox body 5.0. And since that’s where I got this driveline from, it makes sense. Plus, it’s a good round number.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Hipo fender emblems on non-hipo cars

Larry
Color me guilty as well.

When I bought my FB, the HiPo badges were already in place. Not one to back away from a challenge, I laid out a game plan to justify the PO badging. After a rebuild of the C code 289 three years ago along with suspension upgrades and adding a third pedal for a CR top-loader, I'm pretty satisfied with the end result.

I do have to thank @22GT for his many times posted recommendations on engine upgrades (re: more HP) that planted the seed.

John

SK 9.jpg
SK Engine 6.jpg
SK Engine 5.jpg

·
Dimples
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
Color me guilty as well.

When I bought my FB, the HiPo badges were already in place. Not one to back away from a challenge, I laid out a game plan to justify the PO badging.
Same here. HiPo badges were already there, so I made sure to build it so it would stomp a factory HiPo.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Ooh I want to play.

Unpainted aluminum radiators. Why do you want your shiny Chinese radiator to be the focal point of your engine bay? I don't want to see it through your grille either.

Also, license plate frames from car dealers or auctions. If it's the original one from the 1960s? Sure. If it's John Parson's Chrysler Jeep Dodge Mercury JATO Bargain Car Lot, no. Why would you give a car dealership free advertising? They're not doing YOU a favor by selling you a car, even if they act like it.
My license plate frame is from Carmax. It was handy. A few people have asked if I really bought it there. "Yes, I did" is the answer I give. I'm easily entertained.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Me too! Silver blue is reserved for grocery getters! :LOL:
It's amazing how much better the Cobra looks with bumpers, no roll bar, under car exhaust, reasonably sized tires... That picture makes me want to buy a kit.

Not a new opinion, I've believed this for as long as I've been aware of the car.

oops accidentally left the '66 plastic car picture in (another favorite)

View attachment 763097 View attachment 763100

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Ooh I want to play.

Unpainted aluminum radiators. Why do you want your shiny Chinese radiator to be the focal point of your engine bay? I don't want to see it through your grille either.
I've have that disgusting look going on now on my car for 2 months now and hate it. New commie radiator I bought after a rock took out a perfectly fine brass/copper unit. Smells like antifreeze since the swap but can't find the leak and can't paint the commie unit until I do in case it has to go back..

·
Registered
883 Posts
Oh yeah, hate the metric system. I mean, it’s objectively better, but just does not compute for me. I think as it relates to “5.0”, it’s more about the brand, for lack of a better term, surrounding the fox body 5.0. And since that’s where I got this driveline from, it makes sense. Plus, it’s a good round number.
I'm considering putting the 5.0 badge on my fender, as well. I know I could get a 302 badge, but like you said, the 5.0 seems to denote something else.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Any post on the VMF where it looks like the poster settled on vacuum power brakes for seemingly NO REAL REASON

Larry
Power steering or power brakes pretty much the same don't you think? I appreciate both equally when I'm having a bad day(s) physically. I did not enjoy my previous 67 or current 65 with manual brakes.

241 - 249 of 249 Posts