Vintage Mustang Forums banner

161 - 180 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
65-68 coupes are cooler than fastbacks or verts.

Mpg matters.
Is it a coupe or a hardtop?

Technically, fastbacks are coupes.
And fastbacks have hard tops.

Maybe it should be fastback and notchback?

(I agree, coupes are lighter, faster, and better than fastbacks. Especially the 69-70 models)

·
Dimples
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Just to keep this thread going......

When someone specifies they have a "fastback" when it has no relevancy at all to the question / topic being discussed.

Example: What size lug nut will fit my 67 fastback?

Really.
Ah, the classic over-description.

https://www.vintage-mustang.com/forums/general-discussion-non-vintage-mustang/1127762-why-do-we-over-describe.html

The specific instance you’re talking about includes the added bit of status, like it matters if you have a k code when talking about radio antennas and the like.

I do my best to avoid doing that. Helps that there’s not that much that’s special about mine. :D

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Ah, the classic over-description.

https://www.vintage-mustang.com/forums/general-discussion-non-vintage-mustang/1127762-why-do-we-over-describe.html

The specific instance you’re talking about includes the added bit of status, like it matters if you have a k code when talking about radio antennas and the like.

I do my best to avoid doing that. Helps that there’s not that much that’s special about mine. :D
That's funny.
There is a current thread with both offenses in the very first thread, over-describing AND under-describing. None of the information we need and all of what we don't.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Is it a coupe or a hardtop?

Technically, fastbacks are coupes.
And fastbacks have hard tops.

Maybe it should be fastback and notchback?

(I agree, coupes are lighter, faster, and better than fastbacks. Especially the 69-70 models)
I cringe when I hear notchback

Reactions: Target

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
They were/are a good, minimally invasive option, but I am too hung up on aesthetics, I like a balance and that intake flopped on its side just doesn’t do it for me.

To completely go off course, I would like an in-line 8 injector that mounts on the stock lower of my Explorer 5.0. That would be cool.
Not exactly the same thing, but.....

Two 2100 2V's, inline, with their throttle shafts coupled, mounted to a fabbed plenum atop a FI lower intake. Basically an inline 4V. Of course the 2V Holleys that came on Mustang II, 2.3's, have accelerator linkage that operates at 90 degrees to throttle shaft direction. So theoretically, they could be used with the original pedal arm.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
What about the guy who wants a LS1 swap and wants to know if he can use the original fuel pump. LOL

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Its not the silver/blue, its the 6 cylinder and you are from Texas.

·
Registered
765 Posts
To each their own in my opinion. You know, different strokes and all that. If someone seeks opinions I will respectfully provide mine, but aside from that, no one gives a rat’s furry tush what I think. The internet provides that barrier between making human connections and it’s easier to flame others from behind the anonymity of a screen. Often common decency is sacrificed in the world of social media and this ethos is sadly taking hold in the real world too. Honestly I’m very happy not everyone in the world thinks like me. I can’t imagine how F’d up this place would be if everyone thought just like me. When I was a young manager, early in my career, I was told to surround myself with people who are smarter than I and make sure some of them saw the world differently than I do. Great advice that I still keep to this day.

As the owner of two silver vehicles (although my Mustang received dispensation to the rule due to its red interior and GT stripes) I get that it’s a common color. But on the right vehicle, when it’s shined up, man it looks fantastic. Classy too, which is why I wanted it on my Wrangler.

Reactions: Daisy

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
To each their own in my opinion. You know, different strokes and all that. If someone seeks opinions I will respectfully provide mine, but aside from that, no one gives a rat’s furry tush what I think. The internet provides that barrier between making human connections and it’s easier to flame others from behind the anonymity of a screen. Often common decency is sacrificed in the world of social media and this ethos is sadly taking hold in the real world too. Honestly I’m very happy not everyone in the world thinks like me. I can’t imagine how F’d up this place would be if everyone thought just like me. When I was a young manager, early in my career, I was told to surround myself with people who are smarter than I and make sure some of them saw the world differently than I do. Great advice that I still keep to this day.

As the owner of two silver vehicles (although my Mustang received dispensation to the rule due to its red interior and GT stripes) I get that it’s a common color. But on the right vehicle, when it’s shined up, man it looks fantastic. Classy too, which is why I wanted it on my Wrangler.
Don't get too upset, this is a no holds barred say what you think thread, a safe place to have some fun. Some call out red as overdone, I don't care what they think.
This thread is all in fun.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
People who continue to call a hardtop a coupe after they know better. "LOL":grin2:

·
Registered
502 Posts
People who continue to call a hardtop a coupe after they know better. "LOL":grin2:
I had to do a Google to see the definition of a coupe. You are right and I have been wrong. I didnt realize that a coupe had to slope at the rear. Does that make a fastback a coupe ?

·
Registered
825 Posts
I thought the proper term was "notchback coupe?"

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
So have we come to the conclusion that fastbacks are really coupes because the roof slopes at the rear? Talk about unpopular opinions!

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
OK, So I should change my sig to "Hardtop"?
I think I'll leave it the way it is because I know it irritates people :grin2:

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
OK, So I should change my sig to "Hardtop"?
I think I'll leave it the way it is because I know it irritates people :grin2:
I meant my comments in fun but remember being razzed by more seasoned forum members when I referred to my car as a coupe. I was told that Ford called them hardtops and that was good enough for me.

161 - 180 of 221 Posts