Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Huh,
I'm a little steamed. happened to be home from work the other day checking out the VMF....see someone posting 67-68 parts for sale, this particular individual has a cluster with clock for $35....I was the second person to view the post and quickly shoot out a email I will take it and give my zip code for a shipping quote.
This guy sends me two blurry pics and gives me a quote telling me I was the first to respond. I then post back I want the cluster so long as the clock is a mustang one and not a cougar.
Two days go buy and I get a email telling me it was sold out from under me and 2 others beat me to it.....thats when I get mad.
People need to have alittle more integrity and stick to thier word...just plain fires me up..
Just ranting
Stubes

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Coulda been worse, you could have sent money and never head from him again...A blurry pic isn't very good either

·
Registered
199 Posts
the other side is people who are so interested in parts, etc, and request a photo.
then you never hear from them again
as previously stated
tuff luck buddy

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
What probably happened is the seller was offered more money from someone else, even though he offered it for $35, and decided to go for the money! I saw the ad as well, and thought it to good to be true.

I agree, sellers should honor what they put forth. At least you walk away with $$ still in your pocket.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whiz,
now that I think about it, thats probably what happened.
Couldn't be any other reason than that.
Just hope the others out there are cautious with buying from that person.
Stubes

·
Registered
680 Posts
Sorry, but I don't understand....If I tell you something is yours, I don't care how much someone else offers, the stuff is yours. I feel that all a man has is his word. When we loose that, there is not much left of the man......
I won't sell myself for a couple of more dollars....If money is the reason you mess with old Mustangs, you ain't right, anyway.....
Sorry for the rant.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts