Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Very cool low mileage car. Even better that the original parts were kept with the car. Do you install the original parts, or preserve it as a day two car as it has been that way since day two?

Reactions: Huntingky

·
Registered
91 Posts
I prefer road/road race cars to drag cars -- but you leave this one alone.
Besides do you want a 65 Shelby that looks exactly like every other 65 Shelby?

I firmly believe that as cars become "museum pieces" and every one is restored based off other "restorations" you touch with the actual way they they were delivered.
You also loose touch with the way they were used.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
That is an extraordinary car and ''was" one of the last original owner '65s. The new owner has hyped it a bit and there are some deviations like the modern two piece rear wheels and repop tires. I have known the car for almost 50 years and watched the changes do to it over those years , most of which the current owner has reversed to increase it's appeal/value. The documentation IS INCREDIBLE no question there. It will be interesting to see what it bids to and IF it sells . It didn't at Mecum last year.
It's funny that ''drag raced" cars "were" looked down on as "thrashed" but now people realize they are "low mileage" in most cases , have never seen bad weather and are great cars. My ex Hertz rental '66 GT350 has less than 87,000 despite 46 years of continuous drag racing , and has all original sheet metal. Mine is also over a second quicker than this '64 in the 1/4 mile. No not for sale until I get a 9 second time slip in the near future.
Randy

·
Registered
749 Posts
I have seen the car several times at Shelby Canada in the show room. When I saw it he did not even clean off the dust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts