Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to go measure the discs today to see if my wheels would fit ok around them. I opened my trunk and to my surprise, a BLACK WIDOW had made a nice little web stringing from my tool box to my sleeping bag! I screamed like a little girl while I was reaching for my tool box and saw this beast gaurding my new treasure. Stupid spider. So I proceeded to find a stick and beat it repeatedly until it was nothing more than a mushy pulp. Did I mention I don't like spiders. Oh ya, and my wheels will fit just fine /forums/images/icons/smile.gif.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I found one of those big japanese flying beatles in my car today. It flew in when I ran into the grocery store. No matter how hard I smacked the thing....it wouldnt move!!..And when it finally did move it just flew under my seats! Sheesh /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I just marched back into the store and came out with some Raid....hehe I bet ya know what happened to the bug :p.

Mike

·
4,128 Posts
Spiders do not bother me, OK Black Widows do. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif Bees and Wasps are what I am not happy to see. But yesterday I did pick up a bag of wood shavings that had been sitting in the same place for a few months and set it on my shoulder. I started walking and out of the corner of my eye I saw something crawling down the side of my face. Needless to say the the bail went flying and I did the "there is something crawling on me dance" /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif and slapping my face to make sure that it was not on me anymore. fd

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I never knew Black Widows were spinnin' spiders, I thought they were "lay in wait" spiders. cool.. learn something new every day,

I like Sacramento. No black widows, brown recluses, snakes or anything else mildly scary. Only fire ants... and they ain't thta bad. Espeically when covered in chocolate. =-)

G

·
0 Posts
Good for the wheels, bad for the spider. We have big black hairy tarantulas here(Ok) & trust me, THEY HURT! Oh... they can jump too. I lost 2 days work from one... lousey, no good, rotten spiders... D'OH

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I never knew tarantulas were venemous either!? Cripes, my spider knowledge just plain sucks!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Black widow webs look real messy, like there's no pattern or uniformity to the weaving. A lot of the time they're underneath objects on the ground. Once you see one in it's web you'll be able to identify a black widows web from 10 yards away.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Hehe, screamed like a little girl...

Now come clean, you beat to death with one of your Barbie dolls, right?? Cause it was making a home in your "tool box", not your Barbie special edition carrying / make-up case..., right?? haha

·
Registered
628 Posts
I hate spiders as well. Biggest black window I've ever seen slung down from are bbq that had been in storage for a long time. Scared the liven day lights out of me.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I don't mean to ruin your sense of security but Sacramento does have snakes as well as Black Widows. You've just been lucky enough to not have seen them. Ask me how I know. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 13 of 13 Posts