Vintage Mustang Forums banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
8,420 Posts
What's going on with HVR in 2018.

April 13-15, Hallett Motor Racing Circuit race weekend with CVAR

June 13-16, Hallett Motor Racing Circuit, Mid America Ford & Shelby Meet. Mid America Ford Meet

July 13-15, Heartland Motorsports Park in Topeka, KS. Racing with NASA Central Region. Vintage cars will have their own class and races. https://www.nasaproracing.com

October 12-14. Lake Garnett Grand Prix Revival. LGGPR Home

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
So my wife and I find the airfield that the events at but no one's there. Hmmm, maybe there is more than one airfield so we keep going. Finally turn around and go back. Well, now there are more cars there and we are informed that since there is an Apache helicopter on the field, they can't have the event. One couple that told us they were up from Panama City, an hour and a half away. I certainly hope they let the entrants know sooner.

Allen

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
January 13-14 2018 – Barber Motorsports Park

March 9, 2018 – Road Atlanta

April 21-22, 2018 – Roebling Road Raceway

May 19, 2018 – Atlanta Motorsports Park

June 9-10, 2018 – Barber Motorsports Park

July 21-22, 2018 – Road Atlanta
August 25, 2018 - Atlanta Motorsports Park

October 13, 2018 – Atlanta Motorsports Park

November 10-11, 2018 – Roebling Road Raceway

Nov 30, 2018 – Road Atlanta
May try and make the June run at Barber, as an onlooker of course...

Allen

·
Registered
8,420 Posts
HVR has been invited again to participate in the Vintage Exhibition (Race) along with CVAR coming up at the Mid America Ford & Shelby Nationals being held at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit June 13-15th.
There will be practice and qualifying on Thursday and then the vintage exhibition on Friday. If you are looking for a great event with loads of cool cars, this is the place to be in June!

Stop by at the BIG tent and say hello!

Here are links to the details.
Mid America Ford Meet ? Mid America Ford Meet
http://www.corinthianvintagerace.com/
Heartland Vintage Racing | Classic Sports Car and Trans-Am Road Racing
Hallett Motor Racing Circuit

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
VDCA - Roebling Road Raceway 09-07-18

All you Southern Stang'ers; VDCA is again at Roebling Road Raceway (RRR) in Savannah, Georgia. Crank up that Vintage racer and come play, or come and watch.

Sept 7-9, 2018: VDCA Hurricane in Savannah at Roebling Road Raceway
featuring the Formula-V 55th Birthday Party
– Pre-Registration begins July 1st !

https://www.vintagedrive.com/registration

·
Registered
316 Posts
LMR Cruise In 2018 (Official Event)

LMR Cruise In 2018 (Official Event) @ Texas Motorplex in Ennis, Texas

Saturday August 25th, 9AM to 5PM

There will be food/drink concessions, multiple door prizes, and giveaways. There will be no cost of admission for entry or need for registration.

Being at Texas Motorplex, we will be offering FREE test and tune drag runs, burnout contest and a revving contest. All events will be Mustang and Lightning exclusive.

Here's the link

https://www.facebook.com/events/2204002686539393/

·
Spammer Hammer
11,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Just published...

2019 Events -

2019 Events
January 12-13 – Barber Motorsports Park presented by UUC Motorwerks and Flyin Wrench

March 8 – Road Atlanta presented by UUC Motorwerks and Flyin Wrench

March 30-31 – Roebling Road Raceway presented by UUC Motorwerks and Flyin Wrench

May 4-5 – Atlanta Motorsports Park presented by UUC Motorwerks and Flyin Wrench

June 1-2 – Barber Motorsports Park presented by UUC Motorwerks and Flyin Wrench

July 20-21 – Road Atlanta presented by UUC Motorwerks and Flyin Wrench

August 17 – Atlanta Motorsports Park presented by UUC Motorwerks and Flyin Wrench

October 5 – Atlanta Motorsports Park presented by UUC Motorwerks and Flyin Wrench

November 9-10 – Roebling Road Raceway presented by UUC Motorwerks and Flyin Wrench

December 6 – Road Atlanta presented by UUC Motorwerks and Flyin Wrench

Dec 15 – Barber Motorsports Park presented by UUC Motorwerks and Flyin Wrench

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
// VDCA and Outlaw Vintage Racing // Announcing Our 2019 Race Schedule //

Virginia - VIR – Wild Hare Run = April 5-7, 2019
West Virginia- Summit Point with VRG = May 16-19, 2019 - (not an Outlaw Vintage event)
Georgia - Roebling Road - Hurricane in Savannah = Sept 7-8, 2019
Georgia - Road Atlanta - Veteran's Day Historics = Nov 9-10, 2019
Georgia - Roebling Road - Season Finale = Dec 13-15, 2019

Please contact me if you are interested in running with us in Group 6 Outlaw Vintage; I will put you in contact with the group coordinator.
In a nutshell Outlaw Vintage is Vintage Racing but with relaxed guidelines around what modifications and types of components are allowed. The cars vintage appearance should be maintained, but suspension, engine and brakes can utilize more modern components. You are permitted to engineer your car to meet your budget and complete against others in the same HP/weight classification.

Contact me at:[email protected] - Darrell

·
Registered
8,420 Posts
Memorial Madness at Heartland Motorsports Park, May 25th & 26th

Registration is now open for the memorial Madness at Heartland Motorsports Park, May 25th & 26th. Scroll down and select the Vintage option.

https://www.nasaproracing.com/events/3082

If you are not a member of NASA or your membership will expire before the race weekend, you will need to buy/renew with NASA to race.

If you are already a member of HVR, your car will need to go through tech by our Chief Steward Tony Shores. If you are not a current member of HVR, we ask that you contact Tony for car and driver eligibility ASAP to avoid any problems at the track. You must have a current VMC license to race. If not, please contact Tony for eligibility.

For all HVR rules please go here: Heartland Vintage Racing | Racer Info

For all questions about car and driver eligibility, please call Tony at 816-215-1810 or email him at [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
SVRA event was all that I hoped it would be.. Fantastic cars and racing. There was full pit access and access to watch from all over VIR, even driving my truck to most spots and viewing from the bed of the truck in chairs with a cooler. Hope to see some of you at the CRMC HPDE event at Carolina Motorsport park 10/11-10/13. It is a charity event and if you haven't signed up..too bad ,it's full. Come check it out though. If you have never been on track this is a great start. All HPDE, no racing, so the schedule is kept for the most part and a lot of fun.

·
Spammer Hammer
11,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Headed here...https://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com/
March 15 and 16. The sanctioning Porsche club requires a dealership inspection within four weeks of the scheduled event. Not a big deal for all the new Porsche owners because they probably have this done on a regular basis anyway. Me on the other hand with a 55 year old car rolling up into a Ford dealership saying hay can you guys check out my car and make sure its track worthy and sig this form and take on this liability...probably a far stretch in most situations. However, I happen to know the previous owner of small town Ford dealership. He put me in touch with the current owner a few weeks ago. I called and explained my situation, and he said sure bring it on by we'll take a look at it. So I scheduled an appointment for 10:00 AM this morning. Got up and loaded the car up this morning in 25F weather and off I went 30 minutes away to the dealership. As soon as I pulled in, folks started walking out of the dealership. The owner instructed me to pull around to the back of dealership to the service entrance where I met my service technician for the next hour or so. Youngest kid in the building. He was as happy as he could be. Turns out he's a track guy himself...only one in the building. He tracks a '06 GT. Before I could the car off the trailer, at least six guys were standing close by with phones in hand videoing me unloading it off the trailer.

Long story short, pulled in the bay, he racked it up and 30 minutes later he hands me the signed report. His words, "Man all morning I was dreading having to inspect a old worn out car. I kept repeating to myself, please let it be a race car. Then you pulled it...I was super happy. Bottom line, I cant find anything wrong with this car. It's super clean and everything is top notch." I tipped him $20.00 and we exchanged numbers and plan on attending some events at Barber together this year. It was nice of the owner to pair me up with the perfect service technician. All in all, a great experience.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
Great to hear customer service still lives in some places

Reactions: patrickstapler
21 - 40 of 78 Posts