Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Matt called me from Pondersoa Mustang in Pensacola. He says that they got whacked pretty hard by the storm and have lost power for up to three weeks! Good news is that everyone is unhurt. For now, the phone still works but the answering machine does not. He does not expect to be able to do much with the business until power is restored. He asks that anyone who is concerned about an order attempt to contact him by phone at 1-850-857-1084. This is the only line he has and the family has to use it as well so he asks for your patience in getting through. He wants to protect the great business reputation he has established here on the VMF. I don't really know Matt but I was the last order that got through yesterday before the storm hit so he called me to ask for my help!

Bob or Moderators, if you feel this is appropriate, request that you pin this to the top of the forum so customers and friends can see it. Otherwise in a few days it will get buried and everyone will be asking "What happened to Matt or my parts"? Understand that it is not the job of this site to protect private business concerns but it might go a long way to preventing what happened recently with another popular VMF regular vendor. Thanks, Drew

·
Registered
890 Posts
Thanks for letting us know Drew. Like you, since many of us order parts from Matt, and he supports this site, I agree a stick pin of your post should be attached at the top for a couple of weeks until Matt gets power back on. That hurricane must have been a whopper to cause that much damage.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Thank You Matt, Whizco take note.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I'm glad to hear that Matt, his family, and business are ok. He's a good man to do business with. And a nice guy.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
I was very worried about Matt. Glad to hear he made it through ok. :)

John Harvey

·
Registered
296 Posts
I Live in Biloxi Ms, and Matt is a friend of mine for a long time. I was sitting here about to make a post and ask if anyone had knew Matt's status when the post came up on the board. Biloxi is only 70 miles from Mobile Al. That area was hard hit by Ivan. It is normally an hour drive from Mobile to Pensecola. A Dusk to Dawn curew is in effect in the City and surounding area. I am glad that Matt and his family are OK. Dennis Riley Biloxi Ms.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Thanks for the post, Glad the important things for Matt are ok. He's allways been a friend of this forum and myself as well.

If anybody needs anything might think of throwing some orders his way once things get back to normal. If you have never tried Matt you will find out what true personel customer service is. Call him rather than email and you will get him directly.

Take car my friend

Mark

·
Registered
900 Posts
Glad to hear Matt and family are well considering the storm. I'm in central Alabama and it still had a lot of punch when it got up here.

Question, it's been awhile since I've communicated with him but I thought Matt had pretty much shut down Ponderosa Mustang to take another position. What's the status of the business--notwithstanding the hurricane?

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
Great service!

Ordered parts from him the day after Ivan hit (Friday), received them the following Tuesday.

Thanks Matt...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Just want to say that I live here in Pensacola and have dealt with Mat directly. He is a "salt of the earth" kind of guy! Honest and easy to deal with. Period! ANY business I can send him I will! If he has not posted here recently to promote his business, I will humbley offer an explaination on his behalf. He IS still in business. I have found it is easier to get in touch with him near the end of the week. I recently bought some lower control arms for my "67" and admittedly was a bit frustrated trying to reach him early in the week. He told me that he is working for a local company and is doing his best to continue with the parts business. He is a good man as most of you have known for years and I have only had the good fortune to discover within the past year. I can attest to the fact that Pensacola and the surrounding community have taken a substantial hit by hurricane Ivan. If you can, please send Mat your business. I am also happy to hear through this forum that he is o.k....Mat, if you read this, I'm glad I got my parts from you when I did, 'cause I sure don't want to cross that bridge into P'cola from Pace for a while!!!
Tom

·
Registered
311 Posts
I live in Mobile and have been to Matt's home before. He is an honest guy. The local news is still showing and talking about all the damage that was received from Ivan. I'm glad Matt & family are ok.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts