Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ano-Brite just quoted me $500 to do all six pieces of the grill, hood lip moldings for my 69 Mach. :jawdrop: :jawdrop: I don't know if that is a good deal or not, but considering it is hard to find NOS it may be OK.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, but were they originally anodized? If the pieces are NOS don't they come already finished?

G

·
I'd say it's probably cheaper than buying NOS now.

To the other reply.. yes, the soft aluminum parts were clear anodized.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Unless you are doing a concourse correct show car the pieces look much nicer by removing the annodizing and polishing the aluminum, then either clear coat or just wax them. They will look just like the stainless ones. Earlier this year I stripped all the pieces from my 69 mach and polished them. They look great. Don't know how involved you want to get but you can annodize them at home. There are several web sites describing the process.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Don't know how involved you want to get...
Mike doesn't compromise so much on his cars... check out his website for some major restoration eye candy...

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
i would look into the home anodizing like was suggested already. since you are not anodizing a colored part all you would need is a tank of water, a battery charger and the actual anodes. of course i would try it out on some spare part first though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts