Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is what I've spent so far on the granada brakes for the 65 coupe since picking them up Thursday:

Full front brake assy with prop. valve $150.00
Turning down the rotors $25.00
Hot tanking brake rotors,spindles,calipers, misc. front end parts $25.00
Inner/Outer bearings/races, grease seals, grease caps, piston seal kit, outer tie rods, med qual. brake pads $135
Paint $10

So far about $320.00

Still need to buy the Ford Maverick M/C and brake lines. This will run about $150.00

Still need to rebuild the back drum brakes also.

Becuase the brakes were in good shape, I feel this investment is well worth it. And I would have had expenses involved with rebuilding the front drums anyway. So a front brake expense would have been there anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Poop adds up now dosent it!!! Its a very good investment. I picked up a complete Monarch with the disk brakes on the front and Im going to put them up for sale on this site. It seems to be a great way to go. Were you not looking for rims to use that had a vintage look? The Monarch has those cool looking magnum 500 type look going with the beauty rings. Would you be interested??? I can send a pic too.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
You guys are very lucky with all those Granada's around you. I want to try something different with disk and calipers which are more common in Europe. But I need a M/C. Can you tell me where I can order a Maverick M/C and what I have to pay for it ?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A 1974 Maverick M/C bolts right on to the original 65/66 mounting...I think. The Maverick M/C seems to be a popular M/C replacement on these conversions. I priced one at NAPA for $36.00 new. You may be able to purchase one from them and have it shipped. They are still available. If you are interested, send me a PM and I'll get you the NAPA part number. (I have it at work)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts