Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, It's been a weekend. The car drives realy nice. Runs about 3000 on the highway. Haven't taken it much past 90 (where does all this traffic come from) but might go up to the track this weekend.
It's sooo quiet. The rear suspension hooks up nicely, had a hard time spinning the tires even when I tried.

Sound system is sweet - 6 disc changer, with no distortion. But sometimes I turn it off and listebn to the car.
Wrrrrrrrrr Psst! Wrrrr Psst!

Had a self-proclaimed "Chevy guy" tell me that he knew it was the '03 because the fog lights were bigger than the '02 Cobra and he noticed the new hood scoops and 17" rims. Glad to see we're keeping those chevy guys on their toes.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I'm jealous!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Get your order in soon. I had to wait two months for mine and travel 250 miles to find one.

·
Registered
16,009 Posts
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

he knew it was the '03 because the fog lights were bigger than the '02 Cobra

<hr></blockquote>

Sure are there is no such thing as a '02 Cobra, I believe we went 1999 / 2001 / 2003

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

and 17" rims

<hr></blockquote>

Stock on GTs as well...

Glad to hear it is living up to expectations. I would consider jumping in one myself if the next gen was not so close around the corner.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
If you want to smoke them, turn off the traction switch. My 02 GT will spin the tires with the switch off, don't see why a car with 100+ more horses can't. With the switch on the engine retards and prevents spinnning.
Don

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I know a guy with one of these! He can't seem to take his eyes off of it and keeps polishing the door handles! At a recent show, I said, "Hey Craig, sit down and relax, it will still be there five minutes from now!" He kept on polishing and admiring its curves. His wife stated that she was happy he seemed content with Cobra curves.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Austin.

G

·
0 Posts
Congrats! ... In your search, what "premium" over MSRP did you find dealers typically asking?

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
When can we expect pictures? That is of course, if you think the Cobra isn't camera shy!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In Austin they were asking $5000 over. My boss buys cars like most of us buy toilet tissue, so he was able to avoid the premium.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know, I know. I broke my camera but was thinking of getting a new one this weekend anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Congrats !!! I'm politicing my FIL to get one, and soon.....

Just read a nice write-up on it in "SportsCar" magazine. They liked the way it drove a lot more once the traction control was defeated. To do this you had to partially disassemble the console...Just a thought if you want to spin wheels, etc. Dickson

1 - 17 of 17 Posts