Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a while since I have given an update so here it goes.

I had a 2003 Ford electrical manual so I took advantage and disassembled all the crap out of my 2003 wiring harness that was not needed. Lots of pasta! This is what I started with;

After taking off all the loom.

Finished product;

The 4 wires that are not in the loom are for "hot in start" and "hot in run" Those will be mated to the 1966 wiring harness.
Location of the fuse box mounted and the oil filter mounted.
[/URL]
Hood clearance is good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My radiator. Picked this baby up from a guy that lost interest in his project for $250.00.

[/URL]

I was even able to use all of the Mach1 coolant hoses with a bit of modification. The open tube was for the overflow tank. That opening was cut back and welded colsed with a 3/4 freeze plug. After that I used epoxy to cover it up so there were no leaks.



I also bought some rechromed vent window frames and installed them.
Bought some Sanderson shorty headers, but they did not fit in my engine bay, so they were sent back. I will be using the 03 Mach1 exhaust manifolds for now. Next step is mating the 66 wiring harness into the 03 wiring harness, and having a chip burned for the 03 computer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,597 Posts
Looking good Matt. Been wondering how your build was coming. Keep the posts coming! :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The hood is where we left off at in december. I am waiting for my body guy to finish up a hurry up project. When he is done, I will get it into him.

In case you did not see that post I will go over it again for you.

My hood was a fiberglass GT350 replica hood so fiberglass work won't be a issue. We cut a hole the size of the shaker hood scoop on a 2003 Mach1 which is our donor hood for the parts. Then cut down the 03 hood to the size that we liked. This is what we came up with after alot of cutting with a jig saw.

First we made a template to cut the hood.

Then centered and marked the hood.

Drilled a pilot hole to start cutting with the jig saw.

Taped it off so not to take to big of chunks of paint out.

The finished hole.


This was are basic starting point from the Mach1 hood. We cut it at the body lines to start with and cut to size from that point.


This is what we ended up with.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,509 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top