Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
19,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the word that there are already 600 cars committed to MCA's Southern Rumble: Mustangs vs. The World event, with a very real possibility of going above the 1,000-car mark. That's primarily participation by Ford clubs and cars at this point. The GM and Mopar clubs are only beginning to get involved. This is going to be one heck of an event!

Hmmm, I may have to get a plane ticket to Georgia for the end of September...../forums/images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Where is this Southern Rumble suppose to take place and when. I'm from Ga. and would like to check this out. Is there going to be any drag racing involved. Thanks.

·
Administrator
19,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The event will be held at the Atlanta Dragway in Commerce, Georgia on September 27-29, with a two day Mustang/Ford show (with cash $$$ prizes & trophies), a one day (Saturday) Mustang & Ford only bracket race (Mr. Eliminator style with CASH prizes & trophy), and a two day Mustangs/Fords vs. ALL comers bracket race (again with CASH prizes).

Any drag racing? You bet! That's the main attraction. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

There's a website being put together that will have the info, it should be ready in the next few days:

www.southernrumble.com

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hi Laurie,

Hard to believe there are that many cars committed to an event that I just heard about today. I must be missing something here. Do you know where I can look for info? Thanks and hoping you have a safe trip to Charlotte!

·
Administrator
19,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The key to getting the cars to this event is that we have a top-notch promoter. Because of what happened within MCA regarding the Fall Festival, it was necessary for us to move very quickly and use a promoter this time, and he has been fantastic for us. The event has really just come together in the last two weeks--pretty amazing when you think about it.

The website will have the brochure on it with all the info in a few days. In the meantime, as I get info I'll pass it along until I leave for the GN.

www.southernrumble.com

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
I brought this subject up last night at our regional club meeting. One guy who races his late model says that there is another big competing event in Bowling Green that same weekend. Another All Ford dragracing event. He says it's an annual event, and he won't be attending the Georgia event.

·
Administrator
19,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, we just recently found out about the All-Cobra event. It wouldn't have mattered datewise because once the contract was signed in February we were committed to the September date. If MCA didn't hold the event (and if a replacement event couldn't be found, which was the likely scenario), MCA would have had to pay $15,000 to the track.

It was a lose-lose situation that we have worked hard to turn into a win-win situation. Next year, it is very likely the event date will change to avoid conflicts, and also the place. It's too close to the Grand National and it should be taken around the country.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts