Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a really bad one. This morning I heard that 85,000 acres had burned, it had 0% containment, and the town of Pinedale is engulfed. Winds of 36 mph are expected today and so far more than 20 buildings in Pinedale have burned. It just makes me sick. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, fortunately, this fire is about 200 miles to the northeast, but it's in a beautiful area that I know quite well. Although people's lives and homes are the most important things to save, there are a number of significant archaeological sites up there that may be badly damaged or destroyed by the fire, too.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
We had a little drizzle here in SoCal today, (first day of summer!) maybe it will move to AZ and cool things down a little. We have had many fires around here also. I am tired of washing my Mustang of ashes every 2-3 days.

G

·
0 Posts
I've been watching that monster as well and am hoping that the two fires don't combine. It is hopefull from the weather report that the winds and heat will subside to some degree , but to add some encouragement from a guy who has fought (trust me, much smaller) fires in similar circumstances; the really hot fires in windy conditions seem to skip over and continue traveling rather than settle in and burn deep as later -in-the-season fires seem to do.

My hopes for the best!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts