Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted the other day that our son was coming home from his Air Force tour of duty overseas. Got him home Tuesday afternoon! What was the 1st thing he did when he got home? Drove his 68! I had it all cleaned up & sitting in the front yard so he could see it when we rounded the corner. I believe he's happy /forums/images/icons/smile.gif. He gonna take it today to get the sound system installed.
He brought home gifts. Shot glasses from Kuwait, London, Canada, & Greece. Plus flags with papers saying that this flag flew in his C-130 over Afganistan. Each one with our names on the certificate! It was a GREAT day!!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Glad to hear it turned out even nicer then expected!!

Enjoy...

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Glad to hear he is home! Give him a big thanks from me for his service and keeping us safe!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Awesome! Say thanks to your son for his service. There are so many people who appreciate it. I know I do. Sometimes I think there are a lot of people who take the whole issue way too lightly. Things like freedom are not outdated concepts. If you don't think your one of the luckiest people in the world, then you need to get out more. We live in the best country in the world and don't need to apologize for it.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I have to agree with what everyone said. Happy that he is home, safe....Know he has to love that ride....Enjoy your time...

·
Registered
657 Posts
Has to be a blessing and a relief with everthing that is going on over there. Congratulations on having him home safe and sound.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Damn, it feels good to get 'em home from a combat theater doesn't it? My son came back from Afghanistan a few months back (USMC Force Recon.) and ole dad was a happy man! Congrats!!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
tell him to keep up the good work, we like cheap gas prices.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Ditto on a big thumbs up to your son. Glad to here he's home safely.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts