Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a long time coming but if everything goes as planned my fastback will be leaving my shop next weekend and going to the painter's. It'll go on a rotisserie and the underside will be reshot red oxide, engine compartment will be touched up and then Saphire blue will be sprayed. Woohoo!! :jumping:

The plan is to have the paint work completed by the last week in February and then start assembling the front and rear suspension to make it a roller. And then all of the following sub-assemblies. I'm getting excited of the thought of this car finally getting put back together.

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
It's about freek'n time!

Congrats Brit :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A guy named Keith. He was reffered to me and primarily does Mustangs. He does nice work and is reasonably priced. We've worked out what I think is a good plan for the car. Plus, he's only about 2 miles from me on the Issaquah/Sammamish plateau so it'll be convenient to check the progress.

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
A guy named Keith.
Don't forget to stop at Home Depot to pick up some more rollers and brushes like we discussed. :)

Congrats!

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Updated: Today was the day for new beginnings. Pulled her out of where she's been stored for the past 2 1/2 years and brought her out in the day light to load into the enclosed trailer to go to the painters.

Fastback is tucked in the left corner and if you look hard enough in the first picture you can see what resembles a '66 coupe as well.

http://www.6r09k.com/66%20K%20FB/DSCN0171.JPG

My dad and me before being loaded up.
http://www.6r09k.com/66%20K%20FB/DSCN0456.JPG

Last picture looking like this!

http://www.6r09k.com/66%20K%20FB/DSCN0455.JPG

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hehe. Yeah, I concede that I had way too much stuff in there to get any work done. Now that the FB is out I'm going to rearrange things and will have some workspace to get a few things done on the coupe.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
bbenthin said:
Nice!

BTW, NO family resemblance there at ALL! ;)
Yeah, if you look at it from the height perspective, we could almost think that might be Brians dad! :/ (no disrespect meant as I've never met him, and he may be taller than me! :shocked:)

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We're a short family. My dad is 5'8", I'm only 5'7". My mom is only 5'2" so you can see how I never really had a chance at being tall. :p

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
6T6mustang said:
We're a short family. My dad is 5'8", I'm only 5'7". My mom is only 5'2" so you can see how I never really had a chance at being tall. :p
So what would the excuse be for your drinking abilities? :p
:grin:

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Height is no excuse for a lack of ability to hold your booze. I'm walking, dare I say staggering proof of that.

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There's really no excuse for it... :shrug:

I should start training for Portland so I don't have a repeat performance.

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Perhaps my weight advantage and seasoned liver also come into play. Worry not grasshopper, when you can take the shot glass from my hand...then you are ready.

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
6T6mustang said:
There's really no excuse for it... :shrug:

I should start training for Portland so I don't have a repeat performance.
:grin: :grin:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts