Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1968 coupe on jack stands in my garage. i have to replace the replace the frame rail extension, radiator cross member, strut support on the passengers side, so the thing is apart and the suspension has to be replaced, it's just worn out. So I'm looking at options. I really like the idea of the CPP stage II set up with the coil overs and the tubular uppers and lowers which also eliminates the the strut rod with the cross member brace which make good sense to me.
I have heard mixed reviews on CPP , but they also look like they have some good products and have been in business a long time. It's a 68 coupe money pit so the madness needs to stop somewhere. now I'm just confused.

·
Registered
34,144 Posts
My suggestion, since you don't need the additional room between shock towers, would simply be a replacement of the worn out components with MOOG components, the "Arning Drop" relocation of the upper control arm mounting point, lower control arm eccentric eliminator kit, heim-joint strut rods, export brace and monte carlo bar, Trans-Am shock tower outer reinforcements and a "competition" front end alignment. Effective and relatively inexpensive for a small-block street car. Save your money and spend it on brakes and engine. Check out http://streetortrack.com/.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
As Woodchuck said, get ahold of Street or Track. He’s a member here and will steer you right.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not what I meant I haven't purchased anything yet too late to move backwards, still disassemble, welding and such

·
Registered
356 Posts
I received the CPP Viking Coilovers and their Tubular Upper Control Arms (a gift from the misses).
They 'seem' like quality parts.
I just removed the springs and the Upper Control Arms.
I am in the clean up stage and planning to weld in the Shock Tower brace from OpenTracker while everything is out.
It will be awhile before I get everything back together and see how the 'upgrades' improve the ride and handling.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I put in Bilstein shocks with an all stock type springs and suspension setup. The ride and handling difference is night and day. $400 well spent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts