Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of picking up some late model seats and having them re-upholstered to match my rear seats.

Has anyone had this done and know the cost?

Does anyone have any recommendations on upholstery shops?

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Mark,

Looking thru the photos on your website is like looking at a mirror image of my '67. Check out my website.

And I live in the Bay Area (San Jose, work in Menlo Park)

And my name is Mark...

K

·
0 Posts
I have a name of a family run business (father started, son is continuing on) in the south bay area. The Father came to our club meeting once and talked to us about upholstery and convertible tops. He sounded knowledgable and concienscious (sp?) about his work.
I'm at work right now but when I get home I'll get you the info.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Mark,

I've been a fan of your site for quite a while, since I ordered the old t-shirts a few years ago. Got any other new ideas I can steal from you? LOL

How's that rear defroster working out for you? I've seen the ones in JC Whitney and always wondered if they would actually work.

K

·
0 Posts
Well Mark I hope your exhaust is sounding good. If you've been following my adventures you know I have some significant oil blow by. Getting a leak down test done tomorrow. I also found out that my left front brake disc was moving independent of the wheel hub. So I'm getting a new hub/disc installed today.
Can you say mo'money, mo'money, mo'money/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/mad.gif

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
I have not used them for any work, but I have seen their work and I bought my Recaro seats from them:

Sid's Custom Upholstery
1917 Old Middle Field Way
Mountain View, CA 94043
(650) 969-1539
http://www.sids-customupholst.com/

K

·
0 Posts
Sorry I forgot to get the info last night when I got home. I'll definately get it for you tonight.

K

·
0 Posts
Mark sorry but I can't find that guys business card.

If you're not in a hurry I can ask members of the club and hopefully get you an answer, but I'mm off on a week's business trip so it might be awhile.

Mike

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
I've used Bascom Auto Trim (John Bascom) in Santa Clara several years ago for a new top on my VW Cabriolet and for recovering the driver's seat in my Porsche Carrera. Great quality work. I've also heard of a guy in the East Bay (Walnut Creek, maybe?) named Armand who is supposed to be among the best around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts