Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well l broke my own rule forgot to take pictures of what i was doing as I'm covering my 65 Fastback rear back cushion. ( yes part of the fold down )... Before I start need to know which is the part that is the bottom ( i.e. has the extra upholstry to screw to the back)

Is it Door number 1 ... The "u" shaped bracket ( with the wire mess cut out )

Or what I think door #2 the small slotted bracket... That being the bottom....

I will earn the award if i pick wrong.. my hands already hurt from the hog-ring pliers

Thanks
SB

1969 Coupe
1965 Fastback (Project)

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Good luck. Can't help you on the seat frame, but I share your pain onthe upholstery. How about the pain when you install new seat buns and the upholstery kit. It's good I have black and not white upholstery, because the white would be red now *G*.

Steve Leslie, 65 coupe in restoration. 302, toploader, A/C, disc brakes, bench seat

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1571478&a=12535662&p=46267978&Sequence=1.jpg

·
Registered
923 Posts
My seats are out of the car. I'll look at them tomorrow and see if I can figure out what your talking about. Give me more information.
I'm not recovering our seats. So they are complete. The covers were new when we got the car. But they are out of the car. And maybe I can help you.

My son got me into this and I'm having a ball
65 fastback, 289, 3 speed, Holly 1850, Edelbrock intake. SSB front disks in a box, Canadian Mustang "real big kit" suspension in alot of boxes,
Right now lots of boxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Think i know how it may be put back together the fold down seat that is . Don't want you to take your seat apart to see :)... The back cushion pad is attached to a metal panel.. There are two J shaped blades at the top that insert into the pad frame . The two brackets at the bottom i think are black and screw on the the bottom of the chrome frame around the same panel.
The last piece of the fold down has a piano hinge and is at he top of the panel with the seat cushion.

Does this sound right... Always tough to describe over the net.

Thanks
SB

1969 Coupe
1965 Fastback (Project)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Just went through the folddown seat assembly on my 66. As you picture the the backrest cushion frame in the car with the seat up to sit on, the top has two wire "extensions" that stick out slightly from the frame and rit around tabs on the floor "panel", while the bottom has two brackets with slotted screw holes that are secured with round headed (not countersunk) phillips screws to the hinged panel's chrome trimmed perimeter.
Make sense to you??

Vintage Burgundy 1966 Mustang GT Fastback (Midlife's younger brother)
MCA member #46447

1 - 5 of 5 Posts