Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone posted at some point in the past what radiator hose they used to connect the angled thermostat housing snout to an aftermarket aluminum radiator.

Looking for some ideas. something about a lower bronco hose? I could use some ideas, either prebent rubber or a nice custom hose...

thanks

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I have a double pass radiator so mine is on the inlet is on the drivers side. I am using a chrome tube from a Vortech supercharger kit for a Fox Mustang. For the rubber pieces I used a Fox hose and cut what I needed. The clamps I am using are Gates Heat shrink.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
holy crap 68efi vert your engine compartment is just as packed as a modern cars.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Someone posted at some point in the past what radiator hose they used to connect the angled thermostat housing snout to an aftermarket aluminum radiator.

Looking for some ideas. something about a lower bronco hose? I could use some ideas, either prebent rubber or a nice custom hose...

thanks
This may not apply for you application but here it goes. I used a fox thermostat housing and a fox upper to help me gauge a hose for my upper. I stood in front of the wall of hoses until I found one that worked. It may or may not be from a ford truck. My radiator is wider than stock. That is why it may not work for you.

·
Registered
510 Posts

thanks
I used a lower hose for a 86-90 broncoII 2.9. for my upper rad. hose. I have a 90 degree thermostat housing and a stock width alum. rad. Here is the numbers and see if they will work.
NAPA #NBH 8427 or GATES #21736

1 - 6 of 6 Posts