Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All though I normally enjoy presents from the UPS man, this is one that I surely could have lived without. Lets all put out hands together and offer one up to the great grease gods that this is all I need to fix the car. ::

http://users.zoominternet.net/~dodgeram/newparts.jpg

·
Registered
166 Posts
Good luck to you!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
PLEASE.....

drop that pan and check those rod bearings and if need be the mains - make sure and inspect the rod ends and caps for any bluing/heating marks while you're at it....

randy

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All on the check list Randy. Like I've said before if any of the bearings show wear, the whole motor is more than likely just going to come out.

As for a new pickup, I have a deep sump pan pickup on the other pump, I am going to re-use that part since it is designed for use with my 9 quart pan.

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
All on the check list Randy. Like I've said before if any of the bearings show wear, the whole motor is more than likely just going to come out.

As for a new pickup, I have a deep sump pan pickup on the other pump, I am going to re-use that part since it is designed for use with my 9 quart pan.
And probably cost in the triple digit range

·
Registered
369 Posts
Dodgestang,you have a VERY nice car,dont take any chances,do it right, save yourself time,money,
frustration.Your peace of mind that everything is "right" is priceless.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts