Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the Albany area of New York and am currently searching for a restoration shop. Does anyone know of a good one? So far all I have found is Collector's Edge Classics and Restoration in Hudson. Has anyone had any experience with them?

·
Registered
839 Posts
I have used Auto restoration shop specializing in Mustangs and Shelbys and was extremely pleased with his work. He is east of you in Lee / Lenox, MA. He did my '68 a few years ago and was very attentive to how I wanted the repairs done. he replaced the floors, torque boxes, some of the front rails, partials on the rear wheelhouses and trunk drop-offs and lower rear quarters. I visited the shop often to view the progress. He butt welded the seams so that I couldn't see where the joints were, so open the trunk and I couldn't find the seams.
When he ordered the lower rear quarter panels, he received one that was not correct (there is an up-turn as the metal wraps underneath to allow water to drip and not run along the metal), so he returned it for the correct contoured panel. I was not fully aware of the difference until he pointed it out to me. He has done many upscale Mustangs such as Shelbys, Machs, and Bosses. Check him out.
I am in Hyde Park just north of Poughkeepsie.

BTW : if I were to tackle another project, I would not step inside another shop, I would go straight to Dave.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts