Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Mark, if you find any that are reasonable please let me know. My engine torques really badly and I am thinking about chaining the driver's side down to the frame rail. Thanks

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Try Lakewood Muscle motor mounts. They have torque limiting hence they don't give at all after a certain level of torque is reached. They give up to that predetermined level. Not as good as TCP but a lot better than stock motor mounts...also likely to pass less engine vibrations to the passenger compartment than TCPs.

·
Premium Member
11,703 Posts
Lakewood Muscle Motor Mounts, while not urethane, are built such that the steel overlaps without touching. This design negates the need for torque straps or chains.

The TCP mounts are a bit pricey (understatement), but the design of them is similar to the Lakewood stuff, only a bit more extreme. The rubber mount is completely contained in the steel. There is no way to break it. Period.

Here is the Lakewood catalog in PDF format: http://www.mrgasket.com/pdf/lakewood.pdf

Summit carries the Lakewood mounts, but does not list the Ford parts. You will have to call them.

Jegs also carries the Lakewood mounts, but will take a phone call to order the Ford parts.

It looks like RaceSearch.com carries the entire Lakewood product line. Racesearch is typically cheaper than either Summit or Jegs too.

Darkhorse Performance also carries the Lakewood line.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just ordered a set of lakewood Motor mounts. 39.95 from Summit. In stock for SB ford. They waived the shipping fee because I just ordered from them this morning. I'll let you know what the quality is like on Monday.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I ordered LAK-24094 Lakewood Muscle Mount for Ford from Summit this morning also; my price each is 38.99. Did we order the same part?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I installed the Lakewood Muscle mounts on the Fastback. To help things a little more, the engine mount heat shields were also used. The mounts came from Summit (AK-24094 $77.98 pair) and the heat shields from one of the typical Mustang vendors. You can order the mounts from Summit online. It seems that their on-line web site carries more Ford stuff than you see in their catalogs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts