Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, who has some good expierence with a shipping company in CA? I need to find a good realible shipper to transport my 5.0 from So Cal to the bay area...i cant drive it back or anything, i dont have the time what so ever...i need to get the car to my house before the 19th of this month so i can learn stick (yes haha laugh lol) and drive it to school and back. thanks! :)

·
4,129 Posts
So I take it that you bought the 90GT Mustang? fd

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes sir ree tim lol

·
Registered
116 Posts
I know this...Stay away from DAS. Get a quote from Able Auto Transport. www.ableautotransport.com 800-340-0951. They ship any where and I have a friend who has used them a few times with very good luck. Wish I would've listened to him when I needed shipping

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
You can learn to drive a stick in about 30 minutes or less if you can walk and chew gum, at the same time of course :D Enjoy your new "ride"! :: I remember many moons ago when I was in the navy and my new bride and I were living in Pensacola (way before the curse of Midlife) and had bought this little Honda car (1977) with a stick. Man, I had the worst time getting this little red head to understand you have to push the clutch in BEFORE you shift...lol. Good thing that was a tough little car, it made it. We lived in apts. that had a big hill to go up and then pull out onto the main street. Plenty of excitement getting her to let go clutch/press gas/car starts doing the urban cowboy jumping up and down/dies/starts rolling back down steep hill/cars behind start honking madly as we rapidly approach their front bumper. She finally got the hang of it and became the "terror" of Pensacola for quite a while... Still kinda scared to show my face down there...probably on the post office wall or something for teaching a "female" how to drive a clutch... :p I guess I wasn't too bad, we've been married for 26 years now and I still luv her so much ::

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I second the no on DAS. Personally, I would try and either drive it, tow it or have someone else drive it for you before I'd have it shipped. If that is just not possible, just make sure that if something does happen to the car in transit you are covered either by their insurance or yours.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok 1st off...the company HAS to be in CA.....if i cant find any, i may go to a vmf'r that can trailer it for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts