Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I won a special award
7,409 Posts
1966 ORIGINAL RE-VERB UNIT

I know about the spring reverb units in old caddy's.
I didn't know about verb units for mustangs. This can't be solid state.
Is this original Ford stuff?

Interesting. It looks aftermarket to me and not a Ford item. If it were original I'm sure it would say Philco on it somewhere. But I could be wrong.

·
Registered
35,839 Posts
Yeah, it looks aftermarket to me. The factory reverbs were really cool, but they came out just before stereo, so they disappeared quickly.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Definitely not original. I have two NOS ones still in their boxes with instructions and they look nothing like that.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I assumed it was an accessory for the stereo radios since it has knobs for 'front' and 'rear', and the guy said 66.

If you give a spring reverb unit a sharp rap the music will go boing-oing, really goofy, but interesting.
Not cheap either.

ylexot - got any pics?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I agree with the others. I've seen an original in the car before. Guy came to a show with his ORIGINAL, documented Ivy Gold coupe. Came from the factory with fog lights, disc brakes, pony interior, rally pac, 4 speed, 289 2bbl, vinyl top, and stereo system with reverb.

·
Administrator
13,017 Posts
I'm not sure about those being "original" but I could be wrong. I had one put in my car in high school (mid '60's). I put one because it made my AM radio sound like "stereo". LOL There was a rheostat that you could adjust the "vibration" of the unit. All the way up and you could barely understand the words. : /
Stan

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Maybe a dealer add on?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts