Will this kill the generator/sawzall? I believe the sawzall is 1000w, but that is at full bore. I'm afraid it will still use 500w though at the slowest usable speed. Anyone an expert on this situation?
The last time I used a Sawzall on a 300w generator, I found that it cut very quickly through the plastic housing, but as soon as the blade cut through into the generator itself, I encountered a lot of sparks, and the hair on my arms caught on fire.
Later, the doctor said I had suffered an intense electrocution, which led to a massive cardiac arrest.
Please do not use the Sawzall (at any speed, and especially not at full bore) to kill a generator. The generator will win, every time.
(sorry, J/K . . . I must have mis-read the meaning of the post) :: :: :: :: :: ::
The complaint I have heard about small generators most often is that they will "burn up" tools. The simple reason would be that their output is not really a sine wave like out of the wall. They are more square wave like and the extra stuff (odd harmonics that make up the square part) just cause excess heat in the tool. That aside, 300W will only give you 2.5 Amps. If the generator has any regulation at all (which it should, but probably not much) you would simply end up with a fairly wimpy sawzall. I mean mine is rated for 8 Amps, which means that just prior to a bind condition, that puppy is sucking that out of the outlet. Does your gen have a little breaker or a fuse on the output?
Not saws some...
Not saws most...