Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm swapping the front drums with discs on my 65 Vert.
I got the SWAP 1.3/M kit from CSRP.
It comes with an adjustable pushrod, but was wondering if I could just use the original (as I don't believe the original has a clip to retain it and then I wouldn't have to disconnect from the brake peddle).
Not a big deal, but was wondering if anyone had just used the original.

If I do use the new adjustable pushrod, I assume I would start with a length equal to the original?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
The clip is removable. That said, you can use the original push rod if the resulting pedal height is OK.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I'll try it with the original, and if the peddle is too low, then I'll use the adjustable one supplied.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an update on my CSRP disc brake install (Manual Drum to Manual Disc). 1965 V8 with power steering.

I did end up using the original push rod (since it doesn't have a clip, I just unbolted the original MC, and put the new one on without having to disconnect the pushrod from the brake peddle).
The directions were complete & the install went quite well with only one small hiccup. Couldn't get the supplied line from the proportioning valve to the rear brake line sealed. Dennis (CSRP) was very accessible (phone & email) and quickly sent me a replacement. Still couldn't get it sealed, so instead used a 12" pre-made line and brass union I got from Advanced Auto for less than $10 which did the trick.

Overall, I am pretty pleased with the kit. Worked with my 14" styled steel wheels. I've put a few hundred miles on them and definitely an upgrade from my drum brakes, but may try some higher grade pads in the future to see if it make it even better.

I would recommend this kit and would buy it again (no regrets at all).

Dennis was happy to answer any questions I had (and gave me a couple pointers), but if you want any input from me, I'd be happy to chime in.

Thanks,
Ock

1 - 5 of 5 Posts