Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i pulled out an old copy of M&F i was looking for, and found this:
"Adding electronic fuel injection to your classic Ford musclecar has never been easier. The airflow experts at Wilson Manifolds are poroud to announce the V-Force EFI throttle body. The V-Force system is a fuel-injection solution that integrates cutting-edge Wilson airflow technology and EFI turnkey reliability. Eight fuel-injector bosses introduce fuel into the air stream for maximum atomization, and custom billet fuel rails and stanchions make installation a snap. The V-Force EFI features a standard 4150-style mounting flange, so it will work on all popular four-barrel intake manifolds. Thanks to the unique eight-injector design, the V0Force throttle body is compatible with most of the popular aftermarket ECUs. Add coolant temperature, throttle position, and oxygen sensors, then hook up an ECU. The V-Force EFI will set you back $698. Info: Wilson Manifolds, Dept. MF, 4700 N.E. 11th Ave., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334; (954)771-6216; www.wilsonmanifolds.com"

whew, just handtyped that from the magazine...
anyway, it looks pretty cool and sounds good, but i can't find it on the Wilson website...

anyone know anything about this? it sounds like a cool idea to look into

·
Registered
10,598 Posts
Drop a call in to Wilson to check it out. The article is dated 11/2006, so it may have had some production issues.

·
Registered
759 Posts
That unit (and price) is just for the throttle body and injectors. No ECU or wiring. Not saying it isn't a good product, Wilson is very well known for their air flow products and custom manifolds, but if you want something to drop onto an engine and hook up some wires I would look at the Retrotek Speed Boss EFI or the Mass-Flo EFI...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts