Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I own a restoration shop in the L.A. area (I have a 67 restomod we built together) and here's a 1965 Mustang Coupe he's been working on in stages for a customer. After a suspension upgrade we swapped out his inline 6 for a rebuilt 351 Windsor. Here are a couple before and after photos. Body work will be the next phase!

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
My husband and I own a restoration shop in the L.A. area (I have a 67 restomod we built together) and here's a 1965 Mustang Coupe he's been working on in stages for a customer. After a suspension upgrade we swapped out his inline 6 for a rebuilt 351 Windsor. Here are a couple before and after photos. Body work will be the next phase!
Curious what else was changed, done a few myself. Generator/alternator? 8”, 9” rear end swap? Steering, sway bar, .... what all else do you convert? My 65 sold originally in June of 64, had some really funky falcon parts in it. Originally a 260 with a three speed manuel transmission. The suspension and rear end all matched 6 cylinder stuff even though it’s a 260 v8 car.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,616 Posts
What I can see looks nice. What's up with the shocks? Looks like there might be more going on with those.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Other conversions: New AOD trans, went to power steering, coil overs in the front, no sway bars, disc brakes in the front. New radiator and electric fan. Rear end stayed 8 inch but it’ll need new gears soon since it’s running something like 2.70s.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts