Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been asked and answered already, but I have a 68 Coupe with all the v8 stuff in the car and plan to sell the whole driveline. I have an 8" rear with drums (which I don't know the gears), leaf springs, upper and lower control arms, spindles, disk brakes, and a few other parts that are on the car. What can I expect to ask for a price for this stuff?

·
Registered
35,229 Posts
I'm confused. Are you selling the I6 parts or the V8 parts? And you need to be more specific about what you have, i.e.,

• 8" rear axle with brakes, 2.78:1 open
  • 68 spindles with factory disc brakes
  • upper and lower 68 control arms (4-bolt upper)
  • standard V8 rear springs (original)
Outlined as you have, maybe $150. Outlined as I have, maybe $650. Big difference.

P

·
0 Posts
I assume you are replacing everything hence the selling of parts. I would ask $500 firm, if all parts are out, clean and ready to be reused. A person switching to a V8 from an I6 would want your parts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Sorry I am selling all of the stuff for a V8 conversion. My car was a I6, I bought it with all the V8 stuff in it, and plan on doing more modern suspension and driveline for the car. For 22GT I can say I have all of the above except I do not know the rear end ratio. It is going on a body cart and getting stripped so it will all be out of the car relatively soon.

·
Registered
35,229 Posts
For 22GT I can say I have all of the above except I do not know the rear end ratio. It is going on a body cart and getting stripped so it will all be out of the car relatively soon.
OK, you need to determine the axle ratio, and whether it is conventional or limited-slip, both of which have an effect on the price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts