Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67 coupe with an inline 6 that I would eventually like to swap for a v8 but at the moment I don't have the funds for that. My radiator needs replacing right now though and I figured that while I would be replacing it I could just get an aluminum radiator for a v8 that I was planning on buying anyway when I did the swap. Is there any reason this shouldn't work, fitting issues ect?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Make sure the inlet outlet holes are in the right place, otherwise you might need to get creative with hose routing. Also think hard about what motor/front assesoriy setup you want to use. The serpentine setup(which is very nice ie belts always in adjustment if it has a tensioner and 3g alt upgrade easy) uses a reverse rotation water pump with it's inlet on the drivers side, the v belt uses standard rotation and on a sbf it's on the passengers side. Also remember what transmission your going to be running and if your using the stock trans cooler or aftermarket for an auto. Good luck.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Radiator

Rule of thumb is too much radiator is a overkill. If your not going to run A/C in the car ever, then a 2-3 row is fine. Even though its a inline 6, the V8 are the same size other than the rows. A 390 and up more than likely use a 4 row. For a inline 6 thats too much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts