Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stacking hay at the in-laws farm to pay off engine parts! I'm gratefull for the chance to moonlight some $$ for the project but I'm about out of vacation time. I've already spent over $300 this week on goodies for the engine so there are plenty of parts left to keep me occupied for the weekend. So tommorrow I'll stack till noon, then moonlight the engine till way late. Cruzer, come over, I'll have a beer waiting for you. If it is starting to get warm before you show up, I'll drink it!!!

Anyways, this is a pic of some of the work done today. Just painted and added some detail parts such as the oil filter, plugs, thermo/outlet and motor mounts. Chased parts for some of the morning and got the turned and cleaned flywheel back from the machine shop.

Tommorrow I need to go to NAPA and get the proper starter drive for the 157 tooth sprocket flywheel. Then start on the clutch and tranny. My brother is going to help Sunday afternoon on the engine install.

Decided to post another pic of the engine with the headers setting on it. Starting to look more like a real engine all the time. Sure beats that picnic table bench engine I "built" about a month ago!!

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,657 Posts
Boy, if it runs half as good as it looks..... ::

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Just one beer? I'm gonna travel 1500 miles for just one beer? That'll cost you a sixpack! :)
Gotta be back Sunday afternoon, a old high school friend stopped by last week & wants to get his 67 Coupe back on the road after years of storage. (We've been out of school since 1974). He said it still has the 1974 parking sticker on the rear window :)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Nice to see the progress. big difference from the picnic table bench.

SWMBO's horses won't be getting second cutting this year. We had a glut of hay....when it finally stopped raining enough! I have enough seniority now, Im the "wagon guy" ::

Dan

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Headers, oil filter, and carb are coming off before the engine goes in. The tranny will be mated to it though. So the engine/tranny will go in together.

Cruzer: If you showed up along with everyone else who posted a reply, I would have a keg sitting here!!!!!! ::

1 - 11 of 11 Posts