Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is the last day of my two-week annual summer vacation and this was a good one. I always take two weeks near the end of July since my b'day falls on the 20th. This year is the big 5-0.

Overall, I had a great time. We participated in the MCA National at Sturbridge, which was only 20 minutes from our house. Neither Mustang placed but we still had a good time, since we did the show as a family and the host hotel had lots of recreational diversions for the kids.

SWMBO actually let me buy a car trailer, since we got a windfall on some stocks that made room for the trailer as well as an advance payment on her daily driver 2001 Honda Accord, which we are trying to pay off over the next year. So I got an 18' USCargoPro flat deck trailer and will use that to move projects around as well as for a winter parking space for the one of the Cougars.

But the big surprise came earlier this week when she agreed that my b'day present should be a lift for the garage! It's nothing fancy, just the Eagle 26" low-rise lift, but it will support everything I'm likely to need to do with it. I should be able to pick it up late next week and eliminate the hassle of trying to unload it from the freight truck.

So, Monday it's back to work and a new boss due to a reorg while I was out, but even that is good news AND I can now more easily play with the cars in the garage on the weekends. Life is good.

·
Administrator
19,493 Posts
Hey, that's great! And, happy birthday, too! ::

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! As a result of the MCA show, I suspect I'm going to spend a lot of time under the car cleaning and detailing so the lift will come in very handy. I guess I'm going to start feeling a bit like you must with all the detailing of Murphy! *LOL*

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Bill,

I am soooooo jealous of you! Maybe if I'm really nice to my husband for the next 9 months (until MY next birthday), he'll get me a lift (I also want a low-rise one) for my birthday :: Not likely, but a girl can dream.

The big 5-0 does deserve something extra special, and I'm glad you got such a kewl present!

I'll be thinking about your lift tomorrow--while I'm jacking the CJ up, one corner at a time and sweating in a very unladylike fashion, to pull the tranny and replace the front seal. Yee-haw :(

Take care,

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do owe you one for inspecting the green Cougar for me, so feel free to drop by anytime to use the lift! ;)

Actually, I plan to use it as bait for a couple of my neighbors who are much more mechanically inclined than I. I'll let them use the lift in exchange for their help on my cars so I can start doing more of my own work.

One of them has a '66 GTO convertible and another one has a '67 Cougar. My neighbor across the street doesn't have any vintage cars but is also a DIY'er and a good friend of ours. So the benefit of having the lift will ripple out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts