Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother lives in Oklahoma City and can't do a regular vacation this year, due to finances. So my parents, brothers and one sister, plus all their families, are going to visit him and we are all staying at Lake Murray, near Ardmore, OK, from June 21 to June 30. What is there to do, besides the lake stuff? I could visit the Dallas/Fort Worth area (only an hour or so away). Anyone got any ideas? I plan to do a lot of jet skiing, boating and fishing. Heck, I might even do some scuba diving, just to get some practice in.

Ideas? Any VMF'ers want to meet for a beer? I'll buy the first round!

G

·
I live in Tulsa but Ardmore has a drag strip, the one where Pro Stock champ Lee Shepherd died. OKC has one as well. If it were me I'd go to Big "D".

·
Registered
804 Posts
Visiting Dallas Mustang's show room is always a treat...

The Arlington SwapMeet is June 22nd and 23rd. It is at the ballpark in Arlington off of I-30. Should be a great show and give hours of fun...If you get board after that, you got Six Flags right next door.

G

·
I live in Minnesota but I used to live REAL close to Ardmore.North of Ardmore about 20 miles is a place called Turner Falls. It features a 77ft spring fed waterfall and the swimming is EXCELLENT there. There are several good restaurants around the Davis area.If you are interested in nature hikes and the wilderness, go to Sulphur, about 1o miles east of Davis.There is the Chickasaw national park that features lots of wildeness and Wild animals like deer and buffalo.Then there is Lake Texhoma east of Ardmore with lots of things like boat rentals and fishing. If you have time, call the Ardmore Chamber of Commerce and they will send you all of the info that you need.I hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts