Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So wife asks if we can stay in and just watch a movie tonight. We have been hiking around and cleaning up on our land all day so I say sure. She goes to the Redbox while I made supper and what does she come back with? Ford vs Ferrari. She’s definitely a keeper...

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
My wife and I went out to some little rural, hole in the wall bar/grill and I got to drink beer while she appointed herself the designated driver. Since we both work at the same place, I brought her roses in the morning. It's also our anniversary.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Our Valentine Day celebration stretched out for several days due to various circumstances. She is occasionally out on the road on Friday, so I had flowers delivered to her office on Thursday. Friday, Valentines Day itself, we had to go to the funeral home about an hour away out in the country. On the way back we stopped for dinner at a place very appropriately called Missy's Out Of The Way Cafe. Outside the city limits, couple miles back a country road, surrounded by farms. Very eclectic place, stuff from every holiday and other odd stuff decorate almost every inch of the walls and ceilings inside. Incidentally, it is outside of Raywick Ky, the epicenter of the notorious "Cornbread Mafia" back in the 80s.
Saturday we had dinner and tour reservations at The Kentucky Castle in Lexington, interesting place. For $5,000,000 it can be yours. If I owned it though, I would have to rent a backhoe and dig me moat around it and have me some crocs put in it...ha ha. And some suits of armor decorating inside.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Little holes in the walls are our absolute favorites. When we were in Newfoundland in a little village called Trout River, we ate at a restaurant right on the Gulf of St. Lawrence overlooking the ocean and the waves pounding the cliffs in the distance. The lady who owned it came up and said, "would you like the entire upstairs to yourselves or the entire downstairs?" Our anniversary was a day or two later and we had another meal in another little bar overlooking another bay. It was a really memorable time, until we stopped as we were driving back to our cabin to take selfies on the side of the road with caribou in the background. THAT'S my kind of anniversary.....

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anniversary caribous... buy roses if you want, this is how I roll....

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I got a kick out of everybody celebrating a Chicago massacre, and buying chocolates at full price when they're half-price now.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I got a kick out of everybody celebrating a Chicago massacre, and buying chocolates at full price when they're half-price now.
Lol....many years ago when I was working out of state and carrying on a long distance relationship, I would usually try to make it home the weekend after Valentines Day. The day after Valentines I would load up on the 50% off chocolates and balloons, go home a hero.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Happy anniversary LeeFred! And congratulations on however many years that you have had together!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts