Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know where there is a 69 mach 1 for sale but it needs a complete restoration. It is a matching numbers car with a 351V8 and 4 speed car. It is very nice condition with only minor body repair ifn the rear quarters. The rest of car is in excellent condition! The car has about 98% of the parts some items missing! The car is a shell with everything out! The man wants $8000.00 for the car is worth it! I plan on keeping the car I have always wanted one!!! Please let know!!

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
$8000 seems a bit high for a car in parts. 3 years ago I bought mine complete rust free for $12000. Look at how much you will have to spend to finish it and then see what you can find a finished one for. I think you can do better.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I can't give you a price per sey until you produce a vin and body code. $8000 is not a bad price providing you have all the original parts or something subsequent. Something else to consider is posting your state and town in your bio and asking a fellow VMFer to look at it with you.

On a side note I got my SCJ for 16. Not a bad price by any means, and it was intact and running and in great condition.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Prices have gone up quite a bit recently. I bought mine, in very nice condition, for $13k 3 years ago. Last weekend, I was at a Mustang show in Vancouver, and a dealer had an "M" code '69 Mach1 with an auto transmission, in a little worse shape than mine, but he wanted $25k. I think he'll have to look long and hard to get someone to pay that, but I also think it says that values are going up.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
The problem with buying a car in boxes is that you don't know what is missing. There are a lot of very small parts that could be missing that would be big bucks to replace. Not to mention the difficulty in figuring out how it goes back together. I've been driving 67-68 Mustangs for 30 years and I've done just about everything that you can do to one and I still had problems reassembling the interior in my Shelby after I had it painted. Next time I will take pictures and label better. Unfortunately you do not have that option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts