Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Without the motor,4spd, rear end and windsheild and doors.. Only paid 1200 for it running and driving. Need the tinted windshield for sure.
What would JoeAverage into Mustangs give for it?
Met a guy with a bad rail rust thru T code V-8 conversion that could use a good body...

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
i would say $100 if you deliver to my garage (cash money) :joker:

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
The problem is the cost of shipping it to rusty places .
The shipping price will lower the selling price .
Like say a rust free coupe with good title (V8 car) alot of people might give $1k but they won't want to give $1700 or so to get it . That said , it obviously lowers the selling price to 300ish , depending on shipping prices .
Now , the money tree might be found ****IF***** someone that was business minded bought a trailer that would haul a few cars at 1 time and hauled them eastward .
You'd have to divide the $$ of the trip between each car but it would likely increase the amount of $$ you could make .
Presell say 5 car hulls , load em and carry to a "state" for a central delivery , home delivery extra .

Id even bet you could get extra $$ for the hulls , like say "Will deliver for $200 to your state or $500 to your door ". Some would say "Wow , that's cheaper than shipping with someone else so it makes me feel better about buying it" .
Now , if this idea work(s)(ed) , I expect a little cabbage tossed my way for the brainstorm :lol:

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
For info purposes, here in Southern Cal, I bought a solid shell for about 300 but it had some rear end collision damage which rippled the rear quarter panels a bit. I bought the car from a dealer so I payed more than if I would have gone through a private party.

Dean T

1 - 7 of 7 Posts