Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had people stopping by every day because they see my car and the one I am painting.

Well today a guy stops and wants to sell me two 73 conv. cars. I have seen the 302 car for sale before but I never saw the white 351C car. The blue 302 car is in pretty rough shape from what I recall. If I recall correctly I could fix car but it would be alot of work. It has been a couple of years since I saw the car. He claims the white car is worth restoring and it has the 351C, power windows, power top, deluxe interior and the gauges. He has mentioned a price but I am not really up on 71 to 73 cars and I know it's hard to tell me what they are worht with out seeing them.

So I guess the biggest question is would I be able to move these cars? I would be happy if I could make a couple hundred bucks. I don't have the time for any other projects.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
71-73 mustangs aren't that popular so I'm thinking that they would sell but not that quick. After you buy a 71-73 you don't want anyother mustang! hehehe

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's my thinking. The price his has thrown out there maybe less than the original asking but I never stopped and aksed when I first saw the car. It makes you wonder why they haven't sold yet.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
i just drove to indiana to pick up a covertable 72 mustang light front end collision for 1,200, it needs a rail from rust but i dident know they where rusted. not a bad price for a runner. :: ::

·
Registered
966 Posts
It sounds like the vert with the 351 has a few desirable features on it, especially the power windows. It'd definitely be worth more than the 302 from the sounds of it. I'm guessing a value of maybe $1500 on the 302 and $2,500 - $5,000 depending on the overall shape.

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I could get both cars for some where close to the $2500 mark. This is only guess because he has had the cars for a long time and he did stop by my house to try and sell them. So there may be some room for me to work with.

I just need to move the cars if I buy them. The wife would kill me if I had a couple of mustangs sitting around. To make matters worse if I didn't sell them I would be in big trouble. We need all the pennys we can get right now with her in school full time. But in a 1 1/2 I will be looking for the next project.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Sounds like he hasn't tried to sell the cars outside your local market. You should be able to make a few Ben's after you get through selling both of them. Remember: they are RARE! Hey! You might even get away with saying that these were the original year models from which the Eleanor gas cap came from!

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice Grande. I see you have comcast. Do you like them. Comcast just moved in and I have already had trouble with them.

I will go look at the cars tomorrow and let you what I find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts