Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put on some new chrome valve covers on my 66/289. Added the pcv valve on the pass. side and the push in breather on the drivers side. Well, it started blowing oil out the drivers side. Didn't do this before the change. The old cover had a tall tube and then a push on breather cap so I guess that kept it from blowing out any. Do I need to add some kind of a baffle (maybe take it off my old cover) to the drivers side to stop this? It (the new cover) has a small plate under the hole for the breather cap, already. Need a little help on this one, this is getting very aggrevating! ::

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Gary,I would try the baffel under the pcv valve like you said.It sounds like you are getting splash on the underside.FastE

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
NPD, and probably other places, sells a push-on adapter for valve covers. You could get that and use your old push-on cap, or get a new chrome one if you prefer.

·
Registered
884 Posts
It's because there is now a space where the oil breather cap twists on. You have a flat surface with a cut out hole with 2 little ears for pushing the cap on and then twisting it.

But what happens is the breather cap seals 90% of the hole but the 2 little notches are only covered by a small gasket and oil easily blows out them.

I had that problem until I switched to the cobra covers with the raised gooseneck and now no more oil leaking.

Get the gooseneck and seal that hole.

Greg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts